Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

#6 - Animals Dying Off in Current Mass Extinction

#6 - Animals Dying Off in Current Mass Extinction Empty #6 - Animals Dying Off in Current Mass Extinction

Message  gerardM Sam 20 Juin - 21:04

pirat Howdy.

Discovery News

ANIMALS DYING OFF IN CURRENT MASS EXTINCTION: The world's sixth mass extinction began about 40 years ago, with humans contributing to the loss of biodiversity, according to a new study in the journal Science Advances. Learn which animals are threatened here.

Animals Dying Off in Current Mass Extinction : DNews
The sixth mass extinction on Earth is upon us, confirms an extensive new study. Here are just a handful of its victims.
news.discovery.com

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

#6 - Animals Dying Off in Current Mass Extinction Empty Re: #6 - Animals Dying Off in Current Mass Extinction

Message  gerardM Mer 24 Juin - 14:47

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil :rabbit:National Geographic

In the last half-billion years, life on Earth has been nearly wiped out five times by events like climate change and an intense ice age. These are known as the Big Five mass extinctions—and signs suggest we are now on the precipice of a sixth.

Will Humans Survive the Sixth Great Extinction?
Species are disappearing at an alarming rate, mostly because of human activity. Author Elizabeth Kolbert wonders whether the perpetrators will become victims.
NEWS.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM

gerardM

#6 - Animals Dying Off in Current Mass Extinction Empty Re: #6 - Animals Dying Off in Current Mass Extinction

Message  gerardM Jeu 25 Juin - 11:34

National Geographic

Though the causes of past extinctions within human history are still shrouded in some mystery, the modern stretch of the sixth mass extinction is undeniably a human affair.

The Causes Big and Small of the Sixth Mass Extinction
As we reach out across the planet and attempt to exploit it, for better or worse, the cost of our activities appears ever more burdensome.
VOICES.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM|PAR ROBERT COBURN

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 29 Juin - 23:08

Rolling Eyes Question Question News from Science

The planet has gone through five massive die-offs in the past. Are humans causing a 6th mass extinction? Recent research suggests that the number of species that have gone extinct in the last 100 years would have taken between 800 and 10,000 years to disappear if humans were not causing species loss. Read the research.

Accelerated modern human–induced species losses: Entering the sixth mass extinction
Research ArticleENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES Accelerated modern human–induced species losses: Entering the sixth mass extinction Gerardo Ceballos1,*,...
ADVANCES.SCIENCEMAG.ORG

gerardM