Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Constellations from Nick Payne : An English play in Calais

2 participants

Constellations from Nick Payne : An English play in Calais Empty Constellations from Nick Payne : An English play in Calais

Message  MurielB Dim 4 Déc - 22:43

L' association Littorelles http://www.littorelles.org/ propose une pièce en anglais au musée de la dentelle, le 8 décembre au matin à 10 h 40 avec le fils de Chantal Bertrand. C'est gratuit. Very Happy

Dernière édition par MurielB le Jeu 15 Déc - 6:43, édité 2 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Constellations from Nick Payne : An English play in Calais Empty synopsis

Message  MurielB Sam 10 Déc - 14:11

Can one word alter the course of your life? Through a dizzying fugue of vignettes, audiences watch as Marianne and Roland’s relationship unfolds across time and space, with each variation sending their relationship on an entirely new trajectory. Science and romance collide in this unusual love story that’s delighted audiences in New York and London.

http://www.seattlerep.org/Plays/1516/CN/Synopsis

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Constellations from Nick Payne : An English play in Calais Empty What is quantum mechanics ?

Message  MurielB Sam 10 Déc - 14:15

http://www.livescience.com/33816-quantum-mechanics-explanation.html
 At the scale of atoms and electrons, many of the equations of classical mechanics, which describe how things move at everyday sizes and speeds, cease to be useful. In classical mechanics, objects exist in a specific place at a specific time. However, in quantum mechanics, objects instead exist in a haze of probability; they have a certain chance of being at point A, another chance of being at point B and so on.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Constellations from Nick Payne : An English play in Calais Empty Re: Constellations from Nick Payne : An English play in Calais

Message  MurielB Sam 10 Déc - 14:58

The story takes place as if they lived in the infinitely small Strange isn't it ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Constellations from Nick Payne : An English play in Calais Empty Re: Constellations from Nick Payne : An English play in Calais

Message  MurielB Sam 10 Déc - 21:30

As the universe expands, matter evolves from an undifferentiated state to organized forms of more complex structures—from subatomic units to atomic to inorganic to organic. During incessant recombination of elements; It is true that we come from the infinitely small and as in the play we obey the same rules

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Sam 10 Déc - 22:37

In the play there are a juxtaposition of different possible stories which take a multitude of trajectories.It makes us think of the multiverse theory
http://www.famousscientists.org/what-is-the-multiverse-theory/
The multiverse theory is what experts call the hypothetical set of finite or infinite possible universes, counting the historical universe that people regularly experience. These finite or infinite possible universes compromise everything that exists and everything that can come into existence such as:
•  Space
•  Energy
•  Time
•  Matter
It also takes into account the constants and the physical laws that describe those mentioned previously. These universes contained within the multiverse are what people sometimes call “parallel universes.”

Dernière édition par MurielB le Dim 11 Déc - 11:07, édité 1 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Dim 11 Déc - 10:58

A lot of things change our destiny (a disease or a simple tactlessness) and we have to cope for the best. All that is in the play. It gives us much food for thought.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Guilaine Mer 14 Déc - 12:49

Hello Muriel !

The play made me also realize why we sometimes postpone a conversation, wait for asking a question, remain silent in certain circumstances.
We may have the feeling that it is not the proper time to get the result we hope for.
Have you ever experienced the regret "I shouldn't have said that at that very moment !" or "I should have told him before !".

A relationship can be ruined or saved in a matter of seconds.
Guilaine
Guilaine

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It

Message  MurielB Mer 14 Déc - 23:27

Guilaine i think a superficial relationship can be ruined very quickly,not a strong one. We can always stand back and realize that a few tactless words are nothing when the friendship is solid.
Anyway i also experience the regret "I shouldn't have said that at that very moment !" or "I should have told him before !" But I try to stand back and separate out the essential things from the subsidiary.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin