Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Big Brother from London is watching you!!

3 participants

Big Brother from London is watching you!! Empty Big Brother from London is watching you!!

Message  Admin Ven 4 Mar - 23:39

I learn that on the UK police website for London (http://www.police.uk) you can see all the criminal statistics, street by street. You can know how many robberies take place in tour street!

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
This is an invasion of privacy; did the England become a dictature? What is the next step, put all webcams online?

Can someone do some screenshot for me?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français, Gb

https://www.cafe-polyglotte.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Big Brother from London is watching you!! Empty Re: Big Brother from London is watching you!!

Message  Invité Sam 5 Mar - 9:50

Big Brother from London is watching you!! London10

Invité
Invité

Big Brother from London is watching you!! Empty Re: Big Brother from London is watching you!!

Message  Invité Sam 5 Mar - 10:15

Hello!

In my opinion, it's not an invasion of privacy because they
don't give the name and adress of the burglars, criminals
who live in the neighbourhood. People can't know if their
wonderful next-door neighbour has just left jail. (eg: protect the children)
It's also a tool for people who can afford to live in a peaceful
place and avoid this kind of problems and their consequences.

I'm not pessimistic but if we do the same in France, the map
would sometimes looks like this.
It only shows the reality of the world in which we live. Its better
than to hide and say "Everybody he is nice, Everybody he is beautiful!"

Invité
Invité

Message  Admin Sam 5 Mar - 13:59

Many thanx for the screenshot!

I think it's a dangerous tool, basicaly, it looks great for safety, but after, it will increase the gap between districts. The estate agents will do the price of houses regarding the police statistics.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Langues : Français, Gb

https://www.cafe-polyglotte.com

Message  gerardM Sam 5 Mar - 16:36

Hi Florent, François, hi everyone,

> This is an invasion of privacy; did the England become a dictature? What is the next step,
> put all webcams online?
No, England is still under Royalty lol it's the way of life in England and they agree with it.
You know there's a huge number of cameras on the street.

In Australia, the US and United Kingdom, some people like to watch in their neighborhood and call the police in case of strange things. They're official organizations, I don't remember their names.
You probably know about US citizens who check the border with Mexico and catch invaders for the police... I am not sure but wouldn't be surprised if a camera films were online.

I meet many British policemen and people like them. People help when they ask for participation.

English people just begin to complain there're too many cameras.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Sam 5 Mar - 17:25

Hi François Florent , Gérard, Everyone
It was frightening when you were a kid to hear your mother say “A little bird told me”. May be the hand of God was there somewhere to keep you under close watch.
“Big brother»is watching you. It reminds you of the fright you had when you were a child and you feel you have no privacy. In fact too much information kills information.
The September 11 attacks, often referred to as September 11th were a series of coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda upon the United States on September 11. Had the police in America anticipated what happened? The answer is “No» It is the same for our private life. You have to be careful and not write, for instance on your window if you follow right or wing policies, Lock your door carefully when you leave your home, don’t write things on the net you could regret. Just be sensible. Very Happy Very Happy

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Dim 6 Mar - 23:50

Hi Muriel, Florent, François, hi everyone,

Something dodgy Florent won't like I'm afraid.

I'll post in French as I'm quoting and don't want to change the journalist's words.

Chine - Portables espions
Les Pékinois vont être suivis à la trace.
Les autorités de la capitale chinoise ont fait savoir hier par le biais du Global Times qu'elles allaient tester, dès le mois de juin, un système permettant de localiser instantanément les 17 millions d'utilisateurs de téléphones portables abonnés à China Mobile (le premier opérateur de téléphonie mobile au monde).
L'objectif : avoir une vision plus globale des mouvements de population dans la capitale. Heure de départ, destination, moyen de transport... grâce à cette plateforme d'information, les autorités veulent en effet mieux contrôler et surveiller la circulation. Le projet fait déjà grincer des dents de ceux qui craignent pour le respect de la vie privée. Mais les responsables du projet sont formels : aucune donnée personnelle ne sera rendue publique.
entrefilet de Direct Matin n°838 vendredi 4 mars 2011 page 17)

> aucune donnée personnelle ne sera rendue publique
My comment: not public, just archived for their knowledge!
When they see how wonderful information is, difficult to resist... and go on collecting.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 9 Mar - 13:33

Hi Florent, François, hi everyone,

Back to England.
Today at the midday news on France 2 (before 13:20 am), they spoke about the too many pickpockets in English bars.
Cameras are being installed by owners and the owners themselves fill in a form that they directly send to the police: everything's ready for the police and the court.
Everybody is happy as they save weeks and money on robberies, they diminish the number of thefts and they improve the reputation of the bars in England.

gerardM

Message  Invité Ven 11 Mar - 21:54

Hi Florent,
I agree about the real estate guys !
In their hands, this knowledge will cause prices to be artificially increased depending on how "safe" your street appears to be.
Not good !

Invité
Invité

Message  Invité Ven 11 Mar - 21:58

Hi Gérard,
In Australia, there was/is a scheme called Neighbourhood Watch.
The idea is that people who don't work, like retirees or at-home-mothers, are supposed to spy on their neighbourhood and write down anything "suspicious" and report it to a special department of the Police.
It started well some years ago, but nowadays it has fallen by the wayside as most people are ambivalent.

Invité
Invité

Message  gerardM Ven 11 Mar - 23:17

Krystyna, everyone,

I still don't remember the name but neighboring check is very active in the UK and I wouldn't be surprised if some people watched webcams to help the police.

gerardM