Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

French language learning feeds the soul

French language learning feeds the soul Empty French language learning feeds the soul

Message  Invité Mar 17 Juil - 21:25

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/mortarboard/2012/jul/16/studying-french-dead-language?CMP=twt_gu

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to work internationally, speak English. If you want to work exclusively with local markets, learn the local language.

If you don't give a damn about either of the above and would rather be an interesting individual with more to talk about than your profile on LinkedIn, keep calm and study French.

Invité
Invité

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

French language learning feeds the soul Empty French language learning feeds the soul

Message  Invité Jeu 26 Juil - 18:19

I think that learning another language than English can be really important.
If you want to work internationally, you may need more than English, because you may have customers who don't speak well English, or you'd have to do some translations. Asian languages are more and more important.
But at an European scale, I think that a language from the Eastern Europe can be really useful. Polish, for example. Or Slovak, etc.
I know that in the European Parliament, they need people who can speak French and Eastern European languages, to do the translation. Not a of people can speak both French and Slovak fluently, etc...

Invité
Invité

French language learning feeds the soul Empty Re: French language learning feeds the soul

Message  MurielB Ven 27 Juil - 21:52

I agree with you Marinelle. The economically powerful languages dominate other languages. English for instance is the language everyone must know. Anyway it is important to protect every language because all languages are meaningful . Linguists predict that over half of the almost 7,000 languages spoken in the world today will disappear by the end of the century. It is sad because each one is very rich and expresses a specific culture.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois