Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Le diplôme français d'ingénieur reconnu aux États-Unis au niveau master - Educpros

3 participants

Le diplôme français d'ingénieur reconnu aux États-Unis au niveau master - Educpros Empty Le diplôme français d'ingénieur reconnu aux États-Unis au niveau master - Educpros

Message  gerardM Sam 24 Aoû - 23:47

Hi everyone,

Another example of the French beginning to take over the US:
-> Le diplôme français d'ingénieur reconnu aux États-Unis au niveau master - Educpros by Sophie Blitman  |  Publié le 23.08.2013 à 10H07, mis à jour le 23.08.2013 à 10H07
Évalué jusque-là comme un "Bachelor" américain, le diplôme français d'ingénieur est désormais reconnu comme l'équivalent d'un "Master of Science" par une influente agence américaine. De quoi faciliter l'obtention de visas d'études et de travail.

"Un accord historique" : voilà comment le service de coopération universitaire de l'ambassade de France aux États-Unis a salué, fin juillet 2013, la reconnaissance de l'AACRAO (American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers) du diplôme d'ingénieur français au niveau de Master of Science.
Any comments?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Le diplôme français d'ingénieur reconnu aux États-Unis au niveau master - Educpros Empty Re: Le diplôme français d'ingénieur reconnu aux États-Unis au niveau master - Educpros

Message  MurielB Dim 25 Aoû - 9:28

Hi Gérard, everyone
After spending nearly 5 years in the States, my daughter was called to the Newyork bar. When she settled in France 2 years ago she had to start it all over again....Sad (Though she had studied international law !)

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Le diplôme français d'ingénieur reconnu aux États-Unis au niveau master - Educpros Empty Re: Le diplôme français d'ingénieur reconnu aux États-Unis au niveau master - Educpros

Message  gerardM Dim 25 Aoû - 11:38

Hi Muriel,

I complained several times about French Universities, which don't accept foreign degrees... they were reluctant to accept European ones but they were forced to.
France is very good at criticizing foreign countries but its behavior is far from being exemplary. If the French are charged with arrogance, there might be reasons (I'm using a plural)!

gerardM

Message  Remy Lun 26 Aoû - 13:46

Sure, there are still barriers, which should not exist.
To avoid the problem of recognition, you can use one of the numerous bridges between french engineer schools and american ones, for example by doing the last year in States. Then, you have both diplomas...

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM Lun 26 Aoû - 17:20

Hi Remy,

Right, there are bridges for nowadays students and that's a good point.
However, degrees are important mostly to French eyes; in foreign countries, the key is skills.

gerardM

Message  Remy Mar 27 Aoû - 14:18

Hi Gerard,

you are sure all right, but you know, even in France skills are what matters the more, after a while...

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM Mar 27 Aoû - 15:28

Hi Remy,

> after a while...
Yes for sure but far less than in the US.
It's incredible to see how flexible guys are: for example, they can work in the computing area without the beginning of a diploma - I know oodles on the Internet: people who became famous forum participants with their passion only, who then get a top level job.
Americans don't care much about diplomas; individuals are ready to move to a new career; firms don't hesitate to hire talented people whatever their studies.
On the other hand, in France, even as a student, La Sorbonne University refuses access to people with foreign degrees: no possible test for an individual (it's my case: I've got certificates from the British Chamber of Commerce and Industry, as well as private test results, but La Sorbonne refused to let me go to a better level than Baccalaureate, my last French official degree in the domain of English)... silliness/stupidity?? French common arrogance??

Try to get a job in the public... even experienced people cannot get a job without the OFFICIAL degree.
Go to New York, start your shop/company and the market will assess your level; be hired easily and your boss will tell you quickly your true value.

so,
"Le diplôme français d'ingénieur reconnu aux États-Unis au niveau master" doesn't mean much as market/boss will assess.

gerardM