Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident?

2 participants

Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident? Empty Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident?

Message  gerardM Mer 28 Aoû - 15:09

Hi everyone,

A new element has been confirmed after experiments by Swedish scientists. It may soon get an official name and join its buddies at the periodic table:
Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident? 1231181_10151917509857275_1873038132_n
Nothing to do with Fe of course!
Atomic Number 115.

Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident? by Amanda Kooser | August 27, 2013 1:42 PM PDT
A new superheavy element has been confirmed after experiments by Swedish scientists. It may soon get an official name and join its buddies at the periodic table.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident? Empty Re: Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident?

Message  MurielB Mer 28 Aoû - 20:43

Hi Gérard !
Very interesting indeed ! The problem is that I don't know anything about periodic tables scratch

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident? Empty Re: Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident?

Message  gerardM Mer 28 Aoû - 21:28

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

All the compounds on Earth are made of 114-115 chemical elements displayed on this table, of which several don't exist in the nature.
These elements are placed by family (the columns), after the number of external electrons (you can see 18 columns - there're others displayed differently but it begins to be more complicated and the elements are not natural).

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 23 Juin - 15:48

Hi everyone,

Here's another view of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements:

Element of mystery: Will periodic table get new resident? Temp73
(click pic to enlarge and read)

Elements & Country of Discovery
(click link to get full screen table; click table again for the most enlarged pic)

France is #4

gerardM