Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

5 Shocking Statements About Translation Even Smart People Make

2 participants

5 Shocking Statements About Translation Even Smart People Make Empty 5 Shocking Statements About Translation Even Smart People Make

Message  gerardM Mer 20 Nov - 19:10

Hi everyone,

A must-read:
-> 5 Shocking Statements About Translation Even Smart People Make
When you work in the translation industry, you come across a lot of people with funny ideas about what we do, and how we do it. Unfortunately, translation isn’t given the value that it deserves as a people often look upon it as a commodity; a commodity with little value at that.

Many “smart” people I have met in the 10 years of working in translation do not understand the value, complexity and worth of translation. This applies to translation work itself, the efforts of translators and the solutions offered by agencies.
#1: “If you speak another language, you can be a translator”
#2: “Translation is easy peasy”
#3: “You can use Google to translate”
#4: “Professional translation isn’t necessary”
#5: “Everyone speaks English now. I don’t need a translation.”
This article will help you better understand what language really is

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

5 Shocking Statements About Translation Even Smart People Make Empty Re: 5 Shocking Statements About Translation Even Smart People Make

Message  MurielB Mer 20 Nov - 21:44

yes translating is time-consuming and you must know perfectly and in both languages the vocabulary of the text you are translating.
So you specialize  in sports, fashion, politics etc.  and remain translator in the fiels you feel comfortable with.
I know somebody who is specialized in correcting other people 's translations and he told me that he prefers this kind of job.Shocked

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas