Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf.

3 participants

The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf. Empty The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf.

Message  Invité Jeu 28 Nov - 21:19

Good evening everyone,

I have seen that not many people write about books, so I thought I would share an idea.

Here it is : You are looking for a book to read and/or you have read books in English.
I thought that we could help each other by giving ideas about what to read ( and why ? ).

I think that it can be useful for everyone, especially that it seems like lot of people on here are trying to speak English. So with every book we would advice, we could put the " level ". I mean if it is for beginners, intermediate, advanced...

I look forward to exchange more about literature with all of you !

I have read The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf.
The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf. 51tAc%2BZL23L

The Ebook : http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/w/woolf/virginia/w91h/

Some of the stories are longer than the others, but all are interesting and different.
Some of them are easy to read and analyse. And some others not. But it is short and if you don't have much time to read and want to read different things, I would advice you to read this.
My favourite short story of that book is " A Haunted House ". It is about a couple in a house... But there is just so much more to that !

I look forward to your ideas ! Smile

Invité
Invité

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf. Empty Re: The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf.

Message  gerardM Jeu 28 Nov - 22:00

Hi Marine,

A very good idea that could encourage members to participate.

As for me, I very rarely read novels. As a fan of sciences, I'm more attracted by articles or books that provide me with more knowledge or explanations (so most of the time I read articles or big files but also specialized books).

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf. Empty World of Books (The haunted house)

Message  Invité Jeu 28 Nov - 22:02

Thank you Gerard !

I am interested about sciences as well, as long as I can easily understand it ( I am faaaaaaar from being a scientist ! ). I have read few things about neurosciences, which I find fascinating.

Invité
Invité

The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf. Empty Re: The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf.

Message  Remy Jeu 28 Nov - 22:03

Hi Marinel,

very good idea !
as for me, I'm not afraid by Virginia Woolf

Remy

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  MurielB Jeu 28 Nov - 22:12

I don't read novels at the moment because I have very little time. I concentrate on finding good articles for the forum. Anyway i remember a few books I read in the past. For instance ""Brave new world"which is about a terrifying evolution of the world. I will write about it later because i don't have much time right now.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Jeu 28 Nov - 22:16, édité 1 fois

The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf. 434432271_837995898367711_696139415373841831_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=2285d6&_nc_ohc=oayqvB2kHVAQ7kNvgH883zj&_nc_ht=scontent.flil1-1
La langue c'est Le Lien, Language is The Link, La Lengua es el Nexo de unión, Sprache ist die Verbindung, Il Linguaggio è Il Legame, La Lingvo estas La Ligilo etc.
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf. Empty World of Books (The haunted house)

Message  Invité Jeu 28 Nov - 22:13

I just mentioned something that she wrote, but I am afraid that " I'm not afraid " is a work by Virginia Woolf.
There are films or play about her such as " Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf ? " or " Me—I'm Afraid of Virginia Woolf ".
Is it what you are talking about ?

Invité
Invité

The Haunted House and other short stories, written by Virginia Woolf. Empty Re: World of Books

Message  Invité Jeu 28 Nov - 22:15

@Muriel : I don't read lots of novels, but short stories, or poetry. However, I do read ( sometimes ) novels !
Who is it written by, Muriel ? And what is it about ? I might be interested to read it ! Smile
Thank you all so much for your answers

Invité
Invité