Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Ken Ham for Creation Versus Bill Nye for Evolution

3 participants

Ken Ham for Creation Versus Bill Nye for Evolution  Empty Ken Ham for Creation Versus Bill Nye for Evolution

Message  gerardM Dim 9 Fév - 22:21

Hi everyone,

I guess this article should be interesting
-> Ken Ham for Creation Versus Bill Nye for Evolution
Yet another debate of creation versus evolution unfolds as Ken Ham defends his views on creation against Bill Nye’s stance on evolution. The age-old question of where did everything come from has been asked and debated for centuries. The same question was brought up once again when Bill Nye went up against Ken Ham in a 2-hour-long debate where each of them sought to prove their opponent wrong.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Ken Ham for Creation Versus Bill Nye for Evolution  Empty Re: Ken Ham for Creation Versus Bill Nye for Evolution

Message  MurielB Dim 9 Fév - 22:50

One group believes that the universe was created by a super being and that all that is seen or unseen is part of his creation. The second group rejects the prospect of there being a “god” and attempts to look at the matter through a scientific eye
1. God cannot be observed. Therefore, God does not exist. A particle can both exist and not exist simultaneously in Quantum mechanics. Meaning, that A can be both A and not A at the same time. Therefore while God does not exist, he DOES exist at the same time.
Hi Gérard, everyone.
Quantum physics gives the solution. Everyone is right.  Wink 
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110205093026AAVSbv8

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Ken Ham for Creation Versus Bill Nye for Evolution  Empty Re: Ken Ham for Creation Versus Bill Nye for Evolution

Message  gerardM Dim 9 Fév - 23:06

scratch 

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 10 Fév - 10:11

Gérard thank you for this very interesting post.  I am not creationist whatsoever. I just assume hypothetically that matter could be charged with life and spirit ( it is observed that each quantum particle contains both energy and matter ) Max Planck was a pioneer in that observation.
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/quantum-theory
He found that by making the assumption that energy existed in individual units in the same way that matter does, rather than just as a constant electromagnetic wave - as had been formerly assumed - and was therefore quantifiable, he could find the answer to his question
I don't confirm anything, it's just a possiblility
Did  a super being create the world ? I can just observe that the universe is not finished and is evolving all the time. Life is there and in this  way everyone becomes a "cocreator". We will have the world we deserve. Wink For me God would be the energy acting through us. Observing is important but changing the world for the best is even more. Don't you think ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  JeanPierreD Lun 10 Fév - 11:15

What i find very encouraging for me is that :
« An immediate winner was not declared and it was left for viewers to decide as to what they felt believable. After the polling session Bill Nye was declared the winner by a huge margin. It was even reported that around 90 percent of the viewers voted in favor of Nye with the rest siding with Ham ».
Which is a very smart way to recognize that most people prefer to see the world with a scientifical eye, while respecting the people who prefer to stick to old theories and religious beliefs . But I am not naïve and we know that behind Ken Ham (and I don’t know if he is among them) there are unfortunately dark forces who try to hamper the developping of a modern society, and to restrict the liberties we have gained over the years, look at what happens currently in some parts of the world about abortion, gender equality, gay rights and human rights in général.
Perhaps this kind of debate which seems to be frequent in the state is usefull in a country where faith counts still a lot, « in God we trust » isn’t it written everywhere in the States and on the notes first ?
Thank you for this interesting documentary about american culture.
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM Mar 11 Fév - 23:01

-> How Americans celebrate Charles Darwin’s birthday

Mind! I didn't read yet.. the article is published in the "Religion" category.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 12 Fév - 10:01

Hi Jean-Pierre, hi Gérard
why not  ! suppose there is "an intelligent design "at work within the universe, there is necessarily a link between science and religion.
It is an  evidence-based scientific theory which supposes that the evolving universe is not foolish and has a sense, a direction ?
I agree that there are people like my husband for instance, who don't care because there is no certainty whatsoever. For me it is important, though I don't belong to any church (I don't like the triumph of dogma over good sense) May be my brain is the one of a believer. I have read that Scientists  have located the parts of the brain that control religious faith. It is interesting. You have God's spot or you have not. You are programmed or you are not. Can you choose ?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/belief-and-the-brains-god-spot-1641022.html
A belief in God is deeply embedded in the human brain, which is programmed for religious experiences, according to a study that analyses why religion is a universal human feature that has encompassed all cultures throughout history.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mer 12 Fév - 10:15, édité 1 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin