Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Want to influence the world? Map reveals the best languages to speak

2 participants

Want to influence the world? Map reveals the best languages to speak Empty Want to influence the world? Map reveals the best languages to speak

Message  gerardM Mar 16 Déc - 11:41

Howdy.

News from Science

Want to influence the world? A new method for mapping how information flows around the globe has identified the best languages to spread your ideas. One hint: If you’re considering a second language, try Spanish instead of Chinese.

Want to influence the world? Map reveals the best languages to speak Safe_image.php?d=AQCdi7n4mpZiR4Di&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.sciencemag.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fsn-languageH_2

Want to influence the world? Map reveals the best languages to speak

New method of measuring cultural transmission suggests some tongues spread ideas better than others
news.sciencemag.org

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Want to influence the world? Map reveals the best languages to speak Empty Re: Want to influence the world? Map reveals the best languages to speak

Message  MurielB Mar 16 Déc - 12:06

Hi Gerard everyone !
I have also found that very interesting article. I posted it and cancelled it when I read Gérard's message.
It bothers me that a language or a culture could dominate the others and the world.
Every language and every culture enriches the world in its own way and should be respected. Anyway I agree that some languages spread ideas better than others.I will also add how important it is to keep alive as many languages and cultures as possible !

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas