Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Mars conquest: public and private firms team up

3 participants

Mars  conquest: public and private firms  team up Empty Mars conquest: public and private firms team up

Message  Admin Jeu 17 Nov - 18:16

In the past ...
The recorded history of Mars observation datesx back to the era of the ancien egyptian astromoners in the 2nd millennium BC.
Chinese records about the motions of the Zhou Dynasty (1000 BC)

Mars  conquest: public and private firms  team up Tempo110

On 27 September the billionaire Elon Musk CEO of Space X unveiled the development program of a launcher and a capsule capable of carrying dozens of passangers.The goal of this initiative is to colonize the red planet. This unlikely private initiative was immediately supported by US President Barack Obama

Therefore, the first black US President hammered home this  goal "Getting to Mars will require continued cooperation between government and private investissors" he said. Private firms need the backing from the government (for exemple, they had to know the results of studying the potential effects of cosmic rays on astronaut's brain)

A crewed mission could lauch inn 2024 and arrived to Mars in 2025 ... if the new US president Donald Trump  gives crediits to  rhis ambitious space operation!

Vocabulary
To team up: faire équipe
To unveile: dévoiler
To hammer home: marteler, rappeler avrec insistance
The backing from: le soutient de

Source: Vocable nov 10 to 23 2016 page 6
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français, Gb

https://www.cafe-polyglotte.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Mars  conquest: public and private firms  team up Empty Re: Mars conquest: public and private firms team up

Message  MurielB Jeu 17 Nov - 21:36

Thanks a lot Florent for that very interesting post !
Here is the video

I like what Musk says
One path is to stay on Earth forever, and there will be some extinction event. The alternative is to become a multi-planetary species, which I hope you will agree is the right way to go."

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Mars  conquest: public and private firms  team up Empty Re: Mars conquest: public and private firms team up

Message  gerardM Jeu 17 Nov - 22:49

MurielB a écrit:...
One path is to stay on Earth forever, and there will be some extinction event. The alternative is to become a multi-planetary species, which I hope you will agree is the right way to go."
Thanks to Florent for starting this topic.
I don't like Musk's words though. Leaving Earth would lead to abandon the fight to save the planet and let humans (especially Americans after Trump's election) polute it at will.
Messing up the Earth is not a wise solution because a second step will be: "no problem to damage Mars, we'll move to another planet", etc.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  Admin Jeu 17 Nov - 22:58

I think that the reasons to colonize another planet is more basic: human always conquest and colonize: America in the 17th century, Israël last centuries, the hippies in 1960's ....
To impose himself is in the human being: now it's a planet in our solar system, maybe after it will be in the milky way.

But if we gone to Mars, Muriel, will you create a polyglott cafe ... to speak with aliens?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Langues : Français, Gb

https://www.cafe-polyglotte.com

Message  MurielB Jeu 17 Nov - 23:11

Gérard i don't understand Musk's words your way. I rather understand that human beings have a lot of solutions not to become extinct and to become a multi-planetary species is one of them.May be all the planets will remain clean and man environmentally friendly
Of course we Will try to communicate with the Aliens Florent. Communication is the best thing in the world !

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  gerardM Jeu 17 Nov - 23:45

MurielB a écrit:... May be all the planets will remain clean and man environmentally friendly...
LOL
Guess.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/