Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

English language is maybe the best language in the world

3 participants

English language is maybe the best language in the world Empty English language is maybe the best language in the world

Message  nanoM Ven 14 Mai - 22:12

I think English is the best language in the world because it is easy to learn and pleasant to hear. It has the most beautiful letters to listen to: y and w.
nanoM
nanoM

Lieu : Paris
Langues : Fr (Langue maternelle), Gb

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

English language is maybe the best language in the world Empty Re: English language is maybe the best language in the world

Message  Guilaine Ven 14 Mai - 22:25

I don’t agree. English is not easy to learn. Its pronunciation is very capricious. (ea for ex.). Spanish is easier. Its spelling is easy. Its prononciation is straightforward. Once you have assimilated the tenses of the verbs and the usual irregularities you can be fluent.
Guilaine
Guilaine

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It

English language is maybe the best language in the world Empty Re: English language is maybe the best language in the world

Message  nanoM Sam 15 Mai - 9:03

I disagree with you because I think you were wrong when you said that Spanish is easier than  French. English is easier to learn than many other languages like Germain, Spanish or Russian. I think you were surprised when I said that English is very Pleasant.  But, seriously, it is!!! It has the best accent and words. Also, thanks to English, all the people in the whole wide world can speak, because English is universal. So I didn’t understand your answer and what you meant
nanoM
nanoM

Lieu : Paris
Langues : Fr (Langue maternelle), Gb

English language is maybe the best language in the world Empty English is maybe the best language in the world

Message  johnB Sam 15 Mai - 11:41

This is obviously an individual's own opinion. I like Italian especially as it seems you can always add an extra consonant. Davvvvero !
I think it is easy to speak English, and any language for that matter, badly.

For amusement here are some English words : Rough, Dough, Plough, Cough, Through, Thorough -all pronounced differently !

Roughly speaking :

Rough rhymes with stuff, Dough rhymes with toe, Plough rhymes with now, Cough rhymes with off, Through rhymes with new and Thorough rhymes with Borough ( Burerrh) ! johnb.

johnB

Lieu : Croydon
Langues : Gb(l.mater) Fr Esp

Guilaine aime ce message

Message  Guilaine Sam 15 Mai - 19:05

to nanoM, I didn't say that Spanish was easier than French, since my mother-tongue is French. I said that Spanish is easier to learn and speak than English, especially for the French people. I said English is difficult to pronounce : you are not always sure of the pronunciation and JohnB confirms my assertion with the very difficult ending OUGH, which we must learn by heart, otherwise people don't understand at all.
But of course this is an individual opinion and the purpose of this Forum is to exchange ideas and not quarrel.
Guilaine
Guilaine

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It