Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Spirit/matter has Universe got a sense?

2 participants

Spirit/matter has Universe got a sense? Empty Spirit/matter has Universe got a sense?

Message  Teilhard Mer 2 Juin - 17:19

Some contemporary physicists have tended towards Idealism, and Teilhard seemed to agree with them when he tells of modern physics being unable to detect in the atoms:” anything but the forms that it had itself imposed on them”. He claims the old realism that had been in Physics has by the very logic of its development, has veered towards a” scientific Idealism”
We do not ordinarily think of Teilhard as an Idealist, for he tells of” feeling at home only when immersed in an ocean of matter, «and he even wrote a ‘Hymn to Matter”. But his reversal changed all of that. He connected his “instinctive predilection for matter” he turned his back to matter and came to see matter as radically divided and without unity: as such, it was dismissed as being on the border of nothingness. And even, “Matter no longer exists”. Being was now associated with Spirit and form, not matter. Though matter is on the border of nothingness, it still was praised. But not in itself.” It is a reservoir of Spirit. ‘Matter is praised for without it, our ideas would never develop! Perhaps the world of Teilhard could be seen as moving towards Idealism. That is, eventually only ideas remain. This is evident when he tells the world being:” metamorphosed into psyche, «of it being “transformed into Thought”; In more and vivid term a late entry in his journal affirms:”the Universe transforms itself into an Idea” Material things have a great value, but only because they can be transformed into thought! That is:”Every things in the world is for Spirit, Spirit or Mind”; the phenomenon of Man even claims that:” The consummation of things is bound up with the explicit perception we make of them”
Teilhard
Teilhard

Lieu : Sans (Lille)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Spirit/matter has Universe got a sense? Empty Re: Spirit/matter has Universe got a sense?

Message  MurielB Jeu 3 Juin - 9:13

Hello Jean-Luc. I will say what you said in other words.
According to Teilhard de Chardin the universe has a sense, in fact a direction because he believes in evolution. The universe is veering towards "Noosphere". What is noosphere ?

Noosphere is the third in a succession of phases of development of the Universe. After the geosphere (inanimate matter) and the biosphere (biological life) we are on the way to noosphere : the sphere of human thought.
As you said "Matter is a reservoir of spirit" Spirit was already there from the begining. Teilhard saw all matter as part of an evolutionary process toward higher consciousness. sunny
Please correct me if I am wrong.
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Spirit/matter has Universe got a sense? Empty each one of us is a miniaturized universe?

Message  Teilhard Ven 4 Juin - 12:13

The second element that many do not recognize in Teilhard is a radical individualism that is associated with his Idealism. This is evident when he claims:”each one of us has, in reality, his own universe; he is its centre and he is call upon to introduce harmony in it”. He wrote in a letter to his cousin:”I am accustomed to living in my own universe”. He would write two essays titled, “My Universe.”He assumed to living in “my own Universe.”He assumed others also lives in their own world. :”Every man forms a little world on his own!”He would sometimes speak of people as :”monads,” a philosophic term that suggests radically self-contained units.
Teilhard
Teilhard

Lieu : Sans (Lille)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, Es

Spirit/matter has Universe got a sense? Empty Re: Spirit/matter has Universe got a sense?

Message  MurielB Lun 7 Juin - 21:57

Every man forms a little world on his own but we begin a new erea. We enter into each other emotions, intelligence soul "to become one with the others" though remaining oneself The french foot ball team is no good because it has lost that soul supplement. The coach has not been able to create one.
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois