Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

St Jacques de Compostelle

St Jacques de Compostelle Empty St Jacques de Compostelle

Message  Invité Dim 9 Oct - 13:05

Gérard has been on the "first leg" of his pilgrimage to St Jacques de Compostelle for two weeks.
He has walked about 25 kms per day, from Le Puy en Velay to Moissac, and he returns to Paris mid next week.

I wonder how he will be, maybe his feet will be irreversibly ruined !
Or maybe he will decide to become a monk and live at the very pretty monastery in Conques !!!

He certainly is braver and more disciplined than me ... I think walking to the boulangerie across the road from my apartment is far enough !!!    Shocked

Invité
Invité

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  pierreP Dim 9 Oct - 14:37

I know a young lady (35 years old) which made (five years ago) the pilgrimage of Santiago de Compostella alone with its donkey from Le Puy to Santiago. She travelled during three months. The lady is always very active and the donkey is always living and is making fat in the south of France (I do not know the exact english expression for "faire du gras"). The name of the lady was "Marie" and the name of the donkey was "Nestor". It was a very interesting experiment with a lot of encounters with not ordinary people. It is tiring during the first days, but after, you are accustumed and you do not feel the fatigue. The problem is that not everybody can make a break during three months. Now, I have the time, but I have not the physical possibility.
pierreP
pierreP

Lieu : Lille (59)
Langues : Français (langue maternelle), GB, de, es

Message  Invité Dim 9 Oct - 14:51

Merci Pierre for your mention of Marie and Nestor.
I didn't know about them, but on Google I found a nice link with some photos and a story.

http://www.thezandescorbieres.com/nestor.htm

Invité
Invité

Message  Invité Dim 9 Oct - 14:56

Faire du gras = getting or becoming fat

Invité
Invité

Message  pierreP Dim 9 Oct - 16:50

Hello Krystina, thank you for giving the site of Thezan-des-Corbières because I did not knew the existence of this site. Mary is always the same, but Nestor is becoming more and more fat! Smile
pierreP
pierreP

Lieu : Lille (59)
Langues : Français (langue maternelle), GB, de, es

Message  Invité Lun 10 Oct - 15:08

The donkey is very cute !
And getting fat in the south of France is a very nice reward for all his hard work !

Invité
Invité