Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

communicating

4 participants

communicating Empty communicating

Message  MurielB Dim 7 Juil - 22:46

To discover other pages please click on the top right. the page numbers are there. 

Hi everyone !
Japanese engineers are obsessed with making the robots more humans because they are designed to be used as pets or playmates.
Getting robots to understand human speech is the hardest job. For this reason, scientists are trying to give robots means other than language to understand what people are telling them. For instance they can understand the variety of gestures and signs that people use when they speak. They are programmed to grasp that a smiling human is probably happy and a frowning one usually isn't.
I find that very interesting.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mer 22 Fév - 22:29, édité 5 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

communicating Empty Re: communicating

Message  gerardM Lun 8 Juil - 11:07

Hi Muriel,

This is very promising.
Seniors are often very lonely people. Humanoids would be a good help to them, leading to lowering health expenses.

France should go ahead and not lose the market as it often does Crying or Very sad

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Lun 8 Juil - 23:04

Hi Gérard !
In a way you are right I agree....But I do wander about that upcoming society where elderly people would need a robot because nobody loves them ! Sad

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 8 Juil - 23:26

Muriel,

Unfortunately, nowadays there are alone and "nobody loves them ! communicating Icon_sad" so, robots are an improvement.

The choice is not relatives or robots, it is robots or nobody.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  Remy Mer 10 Juil - 19:18

Old age is a shipwreck, but robots can swim...

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

communicating Empty communication

Message  MurielB Dim 5 Jan - 13:22

Have you heard of process communication ? Just listen to this well-made video and you will discover the 6 personnality types according to Taibi Kahler, Ph.D, an American psychologist : workaholic or thinker, persister or beliver, rebel or funster, promoter or doer, empathetic or harmoniser, dreamer or imaginer.
To know more about these 6 personality types please click on the link below.
http://www.processcommunication.lu/model.php

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mer 22 Fév - 15:21, édité 3 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

communicating Empty You never listen to a word I say

Message  MurielB Sam 2 Oct - 14:21

I would like to present the =>Different ways of communicating (cafe-polyglotte.com)

why too many messages make us want to throw our phones at the wall ?

=>
Text anxiety: why too many messages make us want to throw our phones at the wall | Life and style | The Guardian

As the pressure to be online and always available continues to grow in our society, in-person interactions provide far more authentic communication than digital ones. From body language and tone of voice to eye contact and all the other social cues that exist in real life that aren’t available in a text message, it’s far easier to be present when you’re face-to-face.

There are 3 types of communication
Interpersonal communication: connects two individuals.
Group communication: a sender addresses several targeted receivers.
Mass communication: a sender addresses the largest possible number of receivers.

For a conversation between two people, face to face has a huge advantage because body language and tone of voice allow for more authenticity. The telephone can be a substitute as well as all the nice little messages sent on different internet channels 
To create a group spirit, a WhatsApp, Messenger or Facebook group allows a superficial exchange of ideas and informs about events and gives some news about its members
To get ideas across to as many people as possible, we can use the press and advertisements, but there is no feedback and we don't know exactly the impact on people

To exchange ideas (or news) we can use Fb which allows an immediate return thanks to "likes and comments" but we can only communicate with our FB friends and we cannot classify anything
you can also create a Forum that allows ideas to be transmitted(on the forum or with the Newsletter) to all visitors and members, allows them to be classified and allows an exchange with members about the ideas

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.economist.com/science-and-technology/2014/08/16/you-never-listen-to-a-word-i-say

A conversation in which neither party is listening to the other was dubbed a “duologue” by Abraham Kaplan, a philosopher who died in 1993. A duologue, he suggested, is more than a monologue but less than a dialogue. 

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mer 22 Fév - 16:20, édité 9 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Sam 2 Oct - 14:38

communicating 7f6bb110
It's true, it's not easy to communicate so that the person you're talking to understands and thus avoid the duologue. In my opinion, you have to have an empathetic attitude so that the person you are talking to understands the words you use, avoid emotional discharge, but above all listen.
I like the active listening method
It is about listening to the other person attentively and in a non-directive way, establishing trust, respect and empathy with the other person so that he or she can express him or herself freely, without fear of hasty judgment and without pressure.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  LilyA Mer 13 Oct - 12:40

I agree that active listening is key, but I would propose that mindful deep listening is most beneficial. Thich Nhat Hanh says, “The intention of deep listening and loving speech is to restore communication, because once communication is restored, everything is possible.”

When we listen, normally we are only reacting, personalizing, and creating stories in our mind. Deep listening is to drop the ego and to listen with compassionate attention and open-heartedness. We d listen so attentively that we will be able to hear what the other person is saying and also what is being left unsaid.
LilyA
LilyA

Lieu : Californie et Calais
Langues : Anglais(langue mater) Français

Message  MurielB Mer 13 Oct - 21:13

Lily a écrit:Deep listening is to drop the ego and to listen with compassionate attention and open-heartedness
I like it because tuning in to body, speech, and mind is key but how difficult!

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  LilyA Jeu 14 Oct - 18:31

Yes! It is difficult, but I believe it will alleviate a great deal of pain and suffering in the other person that we are listening to.
LilyA
LilyA

Lieu : Californie et Calais
Langues : Anglais(langue mater) Français

Message  MurielB Mer 22 Fév - 14:43

Ok the world is not perfect and we have plenty of work ahead of us. Anyway we cannot sit back and see what happens. We can sort of  sprinkle Tinker Bell's fairy dust around us, I mean we can practice non violent communication
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_Communication
 It focuses on three aspects of communicationself-empathy (defined as a deep and compassionate awareness of one's own inner experience), empathy (defined as listening to another with deep compassion), and honest self-expression(defined as expressing oneself authentically in a way that is likely to inspire compassion in others).
It's not day-dreaming. 
Rosenberg has used Nonviolent Communication in peaceprograms in conflict zones including Rwanda, Burundi, Nigeria, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Colombia, Serbia, Croatia, Ireland, and the Middle East including the Occupied Palestinian Territories.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin