Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Metaphysics

+5
nicolasM
gerardM
MurielB
Admin
Teilhard
9 participants

Page 3 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3

Metaphysics - Page 3 Empty Re: Metaphysics

Message  MurielB Dim 8 Juil - 23:48

Tx Corneille, i like that quote because it is important to keep growing into the self that has meaning for us

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  MurielB Mer 29 Aoû - 10:48

scratch
Serendipity is the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for;

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mer 5 Sep - 23:21

Hi everyone 
I have just met a nice guy 
He showed us a moving video about atheism 

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mar 26 Oct - 11:11, édité 1 fois
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Metaphysics - Page 3 Empty Buddhism's popularity in the United States

Message  MurielB Mar 23 Oct - 22:09

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_in_the_United_States
Buddhism, once thought of as a mysterious religion from the East, has now become very popular in the West, and is one of the largest religions in the United States. As Buddhism does not require any formal "conversion", American Buddhists can easily incorporate dharma practice into their normal routines and traditions. The result is that American Buddhists come from every ethnicity, nationality and religious tradition.[

https://futurism.com/harvard-neuroscientist-meditation-reduces-stress-and-literally-changes-your-brain/

Harvard Neuroscientist: Meditation Reduces Stress and literally Changes Your Brain

Dernière édition par MurielB le Sam 4 Nov - 16:36, édité 3 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mar 23 Oct - 22:24

In Buddhism guided meditation is very interesting. It consists in taking refuge in one's own mind, learning to live in the moment and realizing how former thoughts bring you to what you are now.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Jeu 20 Déc - 22:50

What is important is to suppress wrong perceptions

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Metaphysics - Page 3 Empty Spinoza'sGod

Message  MurielB Sam 28 Mar - 23:02

Metaphysics - Page 3 I-believe-in-spinozas-god-who-reveals-himself-in-the-orderly-hamony-of-what-exists-not-in-a-god-who-concerns-himself-with-the-fates-and-actions-of-human-beings-albert-einstein-religion-quote
In this time of pandemic where everything has stopped because containment is the only way to stop the virus...I think of the harmony we all desire. This philosopher is for me very interesting

=>BARUCH SPINOZA

Dernière édition par MurielB le Jeu 16 Fév - 22:10, édité 2 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Dim 29 Mar - 6:01

That's clear that if you suppose that God intervines in the fates of human beings, you can't understand cholera, pestilence, famine, even wars. Why should a child die because of an illness, whereas he or she is innocent ?
You can't understand and you say " the paths of God are so mysterious".

If you suppose that God let the nature make its job, you understand everything.

However, there remains special things, for instance healers...but there is probably a scientific explanation.

That doesn't prevent from believing in a God who created the universe...nor a special intervine, why not ?

The question of God is probably more subtle. Einstein used to say : "Tell me what God is and I will tell you if I believe in him"...

That's only a little contribution to this discussion about metaphysical issues Cool

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  MurielB Dim 29 Mar - 22:19

Hi Rémy I agree with what you have said "let Nature makes its job and you 'll understand everything" (Nature=God acccording to Spinoza) and thanks for your interesting contribution.  
How does Nature behave? What is Nature made of? Could science give us the answers ?
The idea that Science only deals with technology is wrong. I think it is the contrary. Science is like Nature, it teaches us everything; 
Classical Science with Newton makes it seem like we're living in  a segregated world because each particle is on its own.  The paradigm is "Survival of the fittest and  acceptance of agression" because there is no need to cooperate.
With quantum science we now know that everything is connected
Quantum mechanics or the study of the micro-world states illustrates that what we think of reality, is not so. Our human brains trick us into believing in the idea of separation when in truth, nothing is truly separated —including human beings.
=>https://www.learning-mind.com/quantum-mechanics-reveals-how-we-are-all-truly-connected/ (Paste that link please)
As we are all interconnected cheating people is stupid because the only acceptable behaviour is cooperation. In that sense we are God and our destiny is in our hands.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Lun 30 Mar - 3:16

Ok Muriel. Interesting.  But what about the origin of the universe ? And do we have a soul ?

Remy

Message  MurielB Lun 30 Mar - 19:38

Hi Rémy 

What is the soul?

1 Can something not exclusively mechanical exist? We live in a reality whose mechanics is not enough to determine the course of events (we must add information we do not know the laws).

2 What is it that keeps us alive? Physics says that any complex system evolves into disorder and yet living beings are able to remain orderly.

3 can immaterial exist ?The vacuum is filled with energy, information and vibrations, so what is immaterial can exist.

4 Can the soul survive after death? Our consciousness is made of quantum information. Space and time have no effect on quantum information.

TV 

Dernière édition par MurielB le Dim 29 Mai - 10:11, édité 3 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Lun 30 Mar - 21:26

What about the origin of the universe ?
Space and time have no effect on quantum information. There is no beginning whatsoever. The origin is quantum information and it is outside space and time

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Mar 31 Mar - 9:17

Hi Muriel,

sorry to tell that, but the theory largely accepted is that of the big bang. And Philippe Guillemant is very contested...considered as a guru...

but why not...

Remy

Message  MurielB Mar 31 Mar - 12:55

Hello Rémy
I agree that our world is stange and in fact it is not what it looks like. I agree that Phillip Guillerment can be challenged, but he's not the only one (Jung could very well have been called a guru with his syncronicity)
The term synchronicity was coined by Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung (1875-1961). Jung had a strong belief in a wide variety of paranormal phenomenon, including psychic powers, astrology, alchemy, predictive dreams, UFOs and telekinesis (moving objects with the mind). He was also obsessed with numerology — the belief that certain numbers have special cosmic significance, and can predict important life events.
consider the double slit experiment l 
https://plus.maths.org/content/physics-minute-double-slit-experiment-0
the very act of observing a particle has a dramatic effect on its behaviour.
The observer has an influence on this experience, without him it doesn't happen. The  invisible world (spiritual ?) influences action, thought influences action. What is it ?
I agree that the beginning of the material construction of the world occurred at a given time (5 billion years people perhaps) and has continued to evolve until the present time but what about the spiritual aspect which depends neither on space nor time ? It IS and that’s it.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Metaphysics - Page 3 Empty quantum physics

Message  MurielB Sam 2 Mai - 22:19

Quantum physics teaches us that at the atomic level, it is difficult to predict the trajectory of an atom or electron.
Quantum physics is governed by probability... that is, it can't be an exact science...
On the other hand, it means that there are infinite possibilities (hence the idea of parallel worlds) as well as the power of our own consciousness on matter... the observer, through his measuring device, has an influence on the result of the measurement.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/new-experiment-hopes-solve-quantum-mechanics-biggest-mystery-180974132/

Beneath the world of classical physics, at the smallest scales, tiny particles don’t follow the usual rules. Particles sometimes act like waves, and vice versa. Sometimes they seem to exist in two places at once. And sometimes you can’t even know where they are.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Metaphysics - Page 3 Empty Parallel universes

Message  MurielB Dim 3 Mai - 15:00

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2213756-a-classic-quantum-theorem-may-prove-there-are-many-parallel-universes/
Some ideas about the quantum world appear to suggest there are many versions of you spread out across many parallel universes. Now, two scientists have formulated a proof that attempts to show this is really true.
The proof involves a fundamental construct in quantum mechanics called Bell’s theorem. This theorem deals with situations where particles interact with each other, become entangled, and then go their separate ways. It is what’s called a “no-go theorem”, one designed to show that some assumption about how the world works is not true.
Bell’s …

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2213756-a-classic-quantum-theorem-may-prove-there-are-many-parallel-universes/#ixzz6LNq286Ko

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Metaphysics - Page 3 Empty The external world is the reflection of the internal world

Message  MurielB Lun 19 Avr - 23:30

Jacques Lacan a écrit:All sorts of things in this world behave like mirrors.
Metaphysics - Page 3 42907

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mar 20 Avr - 14:29

The external world is a reflection of the internal world. Let's take care of our interiority if we want to improve the world around us. If we are in conflict internally, we promote external conflict, if we are at peace internally, we promote a peaceful world. We would therefore have, as individuals, an influence on the external world and thus a responsibility. Spinoza wrote about that
BARUCH SPINOZA
Everything is GOD and you are too
For the next Spanish zoom, we will talk about Spinoza. I like him because he spent his life searching for the truth. He never wanted to compromise and let the love of his life go because to marry her he would have had to convert to Catholicism.
Baruch Spinoza was born on 24 November 1632 in Amsterdam and died on 21 February 1677 in The Hague. He was a Dutch philosopher of Portuguese Sephardic origin. He earned his living by cutting optical lenses for spectacles and microscopes. He distanced himself from all religious practice, but not from theological reflection Spinoza's great theoretical thesis is that there is only one substance, infinite and unique: God, who therefore merges with the world: the universe itself, and of which we are part. Since God is identified with nature and is not a transcendent celestial being, it is therefore possible to have a scientific approach.  This is what scientists are doing today. What is reality? For Spinoza, it is made up of a single substance that is both immaterial and material (two attributes of God that we can experience). Today, in quantum theory, the wave-particle theory states that particles can behave both as particles and as waves and vice versa. He himself embodied this unique material-imaterial substance by enabling people to have clarity in the physical world through his craft (the size of optical lenses) and in the immaterial world through his reflection

How to live well and be happy
Spinoza asserts that all reality is determined by a universal law of cause and effect, whether in the material or immaterial realm. For example, the domino effect, which is a chain reaction, is present in the material as well as in the immaterial.  For him, our freedom is an illusion. We believe we are free because we are unaware of the causes that determine us. Reason is therefore the liberation from the passions that enslave us.
This is why we must reflect on the causes that drive us to act and anticipate their effects. The same applies to our analysis of others. This gives us joy because we understand instead of judging. Thus, Spinoza is suspicious of emotions and passions, preferring reason and reflection.In human experience, there is at least one indisputable value. It is joy. It is a feeling which, when manifested in an individual, causes an increase in his power of action. For Spinoza, indeed, the human being is fulfilled in action.

In conclusion,
We can say that Spinoza thinks that God has no feelings and is content to be. This is his nature. The religious leaders seemed to him anthropomorphic because they wanted to better direct the faithful.
For example, they would tell them that God was angry with them and that he would take revenge or judge them and put them in hell. This is why Spinoza was expelled from his religious community because this thought was unwelcome.
According to Einstein's theory of relativity, each point in the universe would have a time corresponding to where it is and how fast it is going. Thus, the past, present and future would exist at the same time. We would travel in this dimension as if we were reading a book, and the future and the past would be as close to us as the present. Intuitions and synchronicities would therefore be messages from the future and reasoning would not be the only way to understand.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Dim 6 Mar - 11:08, édité 3 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mer 21 Avr - 22:34

https://jungutah.com/blog/jung-and-the-inner-world-2/
While Jung found inspiration in the inner world, he also valued the grounding and stability offered by the outer world, appreciating the balance it brought to his life: “When I was working on the fantasies…it was most essential for me to have…a counterpoise to that strange inner world. My family and my profession remained the base to which I could always return, reassuring me that I was an actually existing, ordinary person.”
As Jung found, interacting with the inner world can be a fascinating and rewarding experience. We can do the same by paying attention to dreams and daydreams, noticing what we imagine when our mind wanders, and being aware of synchronicities.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Dim 24 Oct - 21:41

Metaphysics - Page 3 Full-moon-through-the-spruce-trees-in-magic-mystery-night-forest-picture-id1164753213?b=1&k=20&m=1164753213&s=170667a&w=0&h=085F9GPlnbjqXXvhlCCUS68omfu8oSUs1zvHvXIgR9U=Metaphysics - Wikipedia
Metaphysics includes questions about the nature of consciousness and the relationship between mind and matter.
These two aspects interest me a lot. What is consciousness and what is the relationship between mind and matter ?
Let's have a look at the difference between consciousness and awareness because there are two words in the English language. 

Awareness is having knowledge of something. On the other hand, consciousness is the state of being aware of something and this can be regarded as more spiritual kind of definition.

Awareness simply put is everything that is inside your conscious experience.
There is a theory I like which states that consciousness is the underlying universal field of all existence. This means that consciousness is the fabric of reality. It is in everything, around everything, through everything.
In this aspect, quantum mechanics teaches us that
"Observations not only disturb what is to be measured, they produce it."

what quantum mechanics has discovered is amazing. In the current state of science, the mind would therefore manufacture matter. But as everyone knows, science is constantly evolving and what is true today may not be true tomorrow. Any way this research is fascinating

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Metaphysics - Page 3 Empty The power of the language

Message  MikouteB Sam 28 Mai - 21:55

Metaphysics - Page 3 Greg_b11

Greg Braden explains that the Hopies, part of the Native American group in northeastern Arizona, live in harmony, connection and cooperation with one another. In their language there is nothing to express the past or the future: there is only the present "They live in harmony in the present which is for them a present"Their words express non separability.
Today, art shows us what is important to us
For example 
the film MATRIX expresses the importance of the invisible
the film AVATAR illustrates the relationship between nature and human beings
Greg Braden admires Mother Teresa who sought beauty in everything, even the slums of Calcutta
He points out that beauty changes the chemistry of our bodies. It even strengthens our immunty
1859 "Origin of species" by Darwin explains that " populations evolve over the course of generations through a process of natural selection"
Gregg Braden discusses on nature’s most important lesson and legacy, and how Science has changed since Darwin. The new paradigm is to avoid the collapse of global civilization.This doesn’t sound like Darwin, because it’s the New Science talking. We know the things that work and don’t, and competition is not the solution for our world’s problems. The new pardigm is "To give. To contribute. To share"

MikouteB

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es ch

Metaphysics - Page 3 Empty divine reality

Message  MurielB Lun 6 Juin - 22:59

Dalai Lama wrote:
We are beings with invisible energy that vibrates, entities united with all that exists...
In this sense, it should be noted that the eastern view reveals the relationship (what vibrates)
The western view reveals the constituent (individual, being, atom) as what happens in the infinitely small: The wave/particle duality.

wiki wrote:
In physics, wave-particle duality is a principle that all physical objects can exhibit sometimes wave properties and sometimes corpuscle properties. The manifestation of these properties depends not only on the object studied in isolation, but also on the entire measuring apparatus used.

The supreme unity of the origin of life is not within our reach. It is like the light that makes visible but is not visible
All the constituents of the universe form the multiple (Humans are part of it but not the only one) There is an unceasing dialogue between the supreme being and the multiple. Each element of the multiple expresses one of the potentials of the supreme unity. It is our gaze that will reveal the beautiful (Quantum physics). It is therefore very important to be positive and to have a benevolent look on our surroundings. We are Co-creators of the world we wish to create 
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Shen or Spirit-Shen groups together all our psychic and spiritual functions.
It can be seen as the connection of our being to the universe. The collective unconscious according to Jung ?

For Jung, the idea of God (archetype) is imprinted in man, whatever the representation he makes of it and even if he defines himself as atheist. It is important to know that mankind has created about 10,000 religions, without taking into account the various schisms.
The work of creation is therefore not finished, it depends on each element of the universe

According to Nassim Haramein everything in the universe is connected from the largest to the smallest and therefore space is the great unifier. 
clic➜ Nassim Haramein

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Page 3 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3