Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

BARUCH SPINOZA

2 participants

BARUCH SPINOZA Empty BARUCH SPINOZA

Message  MurielB Jeu 3 Mar - 21:17

Everything is GOD and you are too
For the next Spanish zoom, we will talk about Spinoza. I like him because he spent his life searching for the truth. He never wanted to compromise and let the love of his life go because to marry her he would have had to convert to Catholicism.
Baruch Spinoza was born on 24 November 1632 in Amsterdam and died on 21 February 1677 in The Hague. He was a Dutch philosopher of Portuguese Sephardic origin. He earned his living by cutting optical lenses for spectacles and microscopes. He distanced himself from all religious practice, but not from theological reflection Spinoza's great theoretical thesis is that there is only one substance, infinite and unique: God, who therefore merges with the world: the universe itself, and of which we are part. Since God is identified with nature and is not a transcendent celestial being, it is therefore possible to have a scientific approach.  This is what scientists are doing today. What is reality? For Spinoza, it is made up of a single substance that is both immaterial and material (two attributes of God that we can experience). Today, in quantum theory, the wave-particle theory states that particles can behave both as particles and as waves and vice versa. He himself embodied this unique material-imaterial substance by enabling people to have clarity in the physical world through his craft (the size of optical lenses) and in the immaterial world through his reflection

How to live well and be happy
Spinoza asserts that all reality is determined by a universal law of cause and effect, whether in the material or immaterial realm. For example, the domino effect, which is a chain reaction, is present in the material as well as in the immaterial.  For him, our freedom is an illusion. We believe we are free because we are unaware of the causes that determine us. Reason is therefore the liberation from the passions that enslave us.
This is why we must reflect on the causes that drive us to act and anticipate their effects. The same applies to our analysis of others. This gives us joy because we understand instead of judging. Thus, Spinoza is suspicious of emotions and passions, preferring reason and reflection.In human experience, there is at least one indisputable value. It is joy. It is a feeling which, when manifested in an individual, causes an increase in his power of action. For Spinoza, indeed, the human being is fulfilled in action.

In conclusion,
We can say that Spinoza thinks that God has no feelings and is content to be. This is his nature. The religious leaders seemed to him anthropomorphic because they wanted to better direct the faithful.
For example, they would tell them that God was angry with them and that he would take revenge or judge them and put them in hell. This is why Spinoza was expelled from his religious community because this thought was unwelcome.
According to Einstein's theory of relativity, each point in the universe would have a time corresponding to where it is and how fast it is going. Thus, the past, present and future would exist at the same time. We would travel in this dimension as if we were reading a book, and the future and the past would be as close to us as the present. Intuitions and synchronicities would therefore be messages from the future and reasoning would not be the only way to understand.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

BARUCH SPINOZA Empty Baruch Spinosa

Message  johnB Ven 4 Mar - 13:36

Well done for tackling such a difficult subject in a foreign language or any language for that matter. I would have to study a lot more to understand it. I am still thinking about " the present, past and future exist at the same time. "

It reminded me of don't worry about the past it has gone, don't worry about the future you cannot control it and don't worry about the present - I didn't get you one. johnB.

johnB

Lieu : Croydon
Langues : Gb(l.mater) Fr Esp

BARUCH SPINOZA Empty Re: BARUCH SPINOZA

Message  MurielB Ven 4 Mar - 17:19

Dear John
I appreciate your answer and thank you very much for that
We all know about the present and people who have intuitions may know about the future
In THE ANCESTOR SYNDROME: THE BOOK FROM ANNE ANCELIN-SCHUTZENBERGER the author detects the problematic repetitions that have been passed from generation to generation. In quantum physics there would be parallel universes (different times)

It's like eating a three-chocolate cake. We can't know where the tastes come from

JohnB a écrit: It reminded me of don't worry about the past it has gone, don't worry about the future you cannot control it and don't worry about the present -
It is also very true

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es