Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Important scientific revolutions of the next decade?

4 participants

Important scientific revolutions of the next decade? Empty Important scientific revolutions of the next decade?

Message  Cmtc Mer 9 Juin - 12:39

Over the last ten years, there have been so many technological advances and so fast that it is almost difficult to keep up. These progresses have been exciting and each innovation has made our lives easier in one way or another. Experts say we haven't seen it all yet and the next decade will see a massive influx of new technological trends. Here are some of the things we can expect to see in the coming years :
- Highly advanced development of artificial intelligence (AI)
- Introduction of 5G
- Autonomous vehicles
- Nanotechnology applied to medicine and dentistry
- Mars Colony
- Nuclear Fusion
However technology should always be at the service of progress and, in these times of profound change, there is resistance to these new advances: the future of new technology for humans: Hope or Fear? What do you think?

Cmtc

Langues : Fr Gb Deu chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Important scientific revolutions of the next decade? Empty Re: Important scientific revolutions of the next decade?

Message  MurielB Mer 9 Juin - 21:49

Thanks very much Cmtc for bringing us face to face with this reality because we can influence our own destiny can't we ? and it is a very important question.
"Don't look for happiness anymore, technology will bring it to you."This is a sentence we often hear and yet I'd like to add "science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul". The human being would thus have a soul,  both a vital and spiritual principle, immanent or transcendent, which would animate the body of a living being and which must be taken care of.
Whenever the world progresses it is wise to keep asking these questions: what are the benefits, what are the risks? We don't want to destroy our soul do we ? For example, artificial intelligence simplifies our lives with our computers, our smartphones, our connected objects, and at the same time it can be a threat by destroying the emotional ties we have with one another. There is no need to be afraid, just be vigilant and always ask ourselves the right questions.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Important scientific revolutions of the next decade? Empty Rep : Between the Cornucopians and the Collapsologists

Message  PatrickB Jeu 10 Juin - 19:38

Indeed, technological advances will allow us to live better. Between the Cornucopians and the Collapsologists, there is plenty of room for humanistic progress.
Artificial intelligence, thanks to its algorithms, makes it possible to reduce dependence on technical constraints and to go faster and without "headaches".
5G allows the automation of routine tasks and the interconnection of objects of which we currently have no idea
Autonomous vehicles will enable us to favour use over possession, sharing over accumulation (small "taxis" making targeted pick-ups)
Nanotechnologies in medicine linked to therapeutics and/or radiotherapy will allow for more targeted diagnostics and therapeutics
Nuclear fusion will free us from fossil fuels and will usefully complement renewable energies
As for the conquest of Mars, I don't see the point, but perhaps it's linked to my age... Indeed, the time freed up by all the technological progress will not be used to go further or faster, but simply to read, philosophise, and enrich myself with new knowledge, my mind being freed from all this tedious, energy-consuming daily routine, so that I can live a zen life... (well, I hope so)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
PatrickB
PatrickB

Lieu : café de Calais (et d'ailleurs - déplacements)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle) , Gb

Important scientific revolutions of the next decade? Empty Technological Advances

Message  johnB Ven 11 Juin - 18:27

Wow ! Three brilliant articles ! I am not a scientist and I still marvel if I press a button and a light comes on ! I have no idea how. I think more advances are coming more quickly because information can be shared almost immediately. In English we have an expression " to reinvent the wheel " . This means a lot of the new advances are only doing what has been done before. I now walk three times around the room looking for the television remote control rather than walking to the T.V. set and turning it on.
I think it is concerning that modern items are so complicated that an uninformed individual will be unable to repair anything.

However, it is important that science continues to push the boundaries of our knowledge for the good of humanity. Scientists were trying to protect the human race from pandemics by studying viruses in detail. Unfortunately they were a little bit bit late in their research. What is amazing is that these studies were being carried out in Wuhan and were funded by the United States. johnB

johnB

Lieu : Croydon
Langues : Gb(l.mater) Fr Esp

Important scientific revolutions of the next decade? Empty Re: Important scientific revolutions of the next decade?

Message  MurielB Dim 13 Juin - 22:32

Thanks John for your words. "To reinvent the wheel" is a very good expresssion. Perhaps it is a waste of time spending unnecessary time to invent things that already exist but sometimes it is very useful to improve them isn't it ?

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Important scientific revolutions of the next decade? Empty Scientific Revolutions of the next decade.

Message  johnB Mar 15 Juin - 18:52

One of the major revolutions of the last decade has been the ability to " work from home ". This has been so necessary and so helpful during this pandemic . Although people are beginning to get fed up with it and now feel like calling it " Living at work " ! johnB

johnB

Lieu : Croydon
Langues : Gb(l.mater) Fr Esp