Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Chars à voile : « The have and the have- yacht »

2 participants

Chars à voile : « The have and the have- yacht » Empty Chars à voile : « The have and the have- yacht »

Message  johnB Mer 7 Sep - 12:15

I was amused to read that the manager of PSG received a lot of criticism for saying his team should travel by "chars à voile." He is now saying it was a "une blague de mauvais goût " and he is " hors-sol " (whatever that means! ).

The English translation of a " char à voile" is a sand-yacht.   Here I have sympathies for learners of English because " yacht " is pronounced " yot " !

There is an English expression for an ordinary area that has a mix of rich people and poor people - the " haves " and the "have-nots ".

This has been changed to make fun of an area where the people are very rich - They are the " haves " and " have-yachts".

I hope this goes on the English forum.                                                                       johnB.

johnB

Lieu : Croydon
Langues : Gb(l.mater) Fr Esp

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Chars à voile : « The have and the have- yacht » Empty Re: Chars à voile : « The have and the have- yacht »

Message  MurielB Mer 7 Sep - 22:37

Laughing Laughing Tx John this bad joke. It was very funny and I love the expression « The have and the have- yacht » :-)

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas