Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

our national anthem

2 participants

our national anthem Empty our national anthem

Message  Teilhard Mer 13 Avr - 19:01

Let’s go children of the earth; the day we’ve to take consciousness of the weakness of the survival of our specie on the planet has arrived? Why our mother has left up alone in the cosmic immensity? Struggling (keep up) for life, exhausting natural resources? Nevertheless as life got any sense such as lyrics of la Marseillaise nowdays?
Teilhard
Teilhard

Lieu : Sans (Lille)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

our national anthem Empty Re: our national anthem

Message  gerardM Mer 13 Avr - 21:38

Hi Jean-Luc,

I wrote a few comments regarding the vocabulary and grammar of your lines there -> https://www.cafe-polyglotte.com/t987-pseudo-synonyms-which-are-also-close-in-their-spellings#4073

As for your suggestion, you're right that the words of our national anthem are rather strong.
You should write more lines if you intended to replace it by your proposal.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

our national anthem Empty Re: our national anthem

Message  Invité Ven 15 Avr - 20:49

Bonjour Jean-Luc, bonjour Gérard,

Personally, I very much like the melody and rhythm of La Marseillaise, but I think that the words are somewhat disturbing.
Slitting throats and having blood run in the fields is not really how I perceive the French ... I don't find you to be so aggressive or combative.
The guys from the French Revolution just got a bit over-excited !

Invité
Invité