Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Ecology and How to slove global warming

5 participants

Page 2 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ecology and How to slove global warming

Message  MurielB Jeu 30 Jan - 13:42

Gérard
This morning I  read "Le quotidien du médecin" because there was an article about the impact of DDT and DDE (DDE comes from DDT) on Alzheimer's disease
http://www.lequotidiendumedecin.fr/specialites/neurologie/un-risque-de-maladie-d-alzheimer-augmente-chez-les-plus-de-60-ans?ku=y85yxCav-wAaA-v8z6-ByA7-9vAa6AzCv8yz
They concluded with a might
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2014/01/28/is-the-pesticide-ddt-linked-to-alzheimers-disease/

A new study out in JAMA Neurology suggests that higher levels of the pesticide DDT might be linked to increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease. The keyword here is might, however, since the study was quite small and the connection not clear-cut.

The keyword is might because some samples from patients with Alzheimer’s had low DDE level and sound patients  had high DDE level. Nothing is really clear-cut. What is important is to demonstrate the importance of  the Environmental causes of Alzheimer's disease.
healthy food and environment are equally important then.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Jeu 30 Jan - 20:51, édité 1 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ecology and How to slove global warming

Message  gerardM Jeu 30 Jan - 17:28

Thanks for your additional links Muriel.

Unfortunately, when I was Young DDT was a common insecticide that was used Sad

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Jeu 30 Jan - 18:47

Don't forget "might" Gérard
 some samples from patients with Alzheimer’s had low DDE level and sound patients  had high DDE level
You are a polyglot, you walk a lot, you are a man (women are more likely to get Alzheimer's disease.)
No problem for you.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 30 Jan - 21:13

Muriel,

These studies are based on statistics. This declared, it's random and not decisive: I'll do my best to bypass the dangers.

gerardM

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Ecology and How to slove global warming

Message  gerardM Lun 14 Avr - 20:58

Hi everyone,

What about this article from Scientifc American?

-> How to Solve Global Warming: It's the Energy Supply
Carbon storage has to expand rapidly, or coal burning has to cease, if the world is to avoid dangerous climate change

The world is on track for dangerous climate change, having nearly lost room for further pollution in the mix of gases that make up the atmosphere. Despite a rise in clean, renewable energy supplies in certain countries, and a partial shift from coal to natural gas in others, global greenhouse gas pollution continues to rise—and at an increasing pace in the most recent years.
gerardM
gerardM

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty 10 Energy Sources That Will Power Our Future

Message  gerardM Dim 14 Juin - 17:17

Discovery News

10 Energy Sources That Will Power Our Future.

10 Energy Sources That Will Power Our Future
When we run out of fossil fuels, how are we going to power our planet?
TESTTUBE.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 14 Juin - 22:17

Fortunately they are round the corner.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Britain's first 'energy positive' house opens in Wales

Message  gerardM Jeu 16 Juil - 19:41

Howdy.

Greenpeace International via Greenpeace UK
[url=http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/15/britains-first-energy-positive-house-opens-in-wales]

Energy positive houses have become an affordable reality! Fantastic news!

Britain's first 'energy positive' house opens in Wales
Britain’s first low cost ‘energy positive’ house, which can generate more electricity than its occupants will use, opens on Thursday.
THEGUARDIAN.COM|PAR JOHN VIDAL
v

gerardM

Message  Remy Jeu 16 Juil - 19:51

Interesting. In France, new houses shall be positive in 2020.

Do you know how much it costs ?

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  MurielB Jeu 16 Juil - 21:20

Rémy I have found the link
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/15/britains-first-energy-positive-house-opens-in-wales

The modest three-bedroom house built in just 16 weeks on an industrial estate outside Bridgend in Wales cost just £125,000 to build and, said its Cardiff University designers, will let occupants use the sun to pay the rent.
It's good isn't it ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Jeu 16 Juil - 22:49

Gérard, Muriel, everyone,

So the house is actually free, isn't it ? Great...

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Genetically Modified Algae Could Replace Oil for Plastic

Message  gerardM Mar 18 Aoû - 16:36

Howdy.

Scientific American magazine

Making ethylene directly from genetically modified algae instead of petroleum could reduce the environmental impact of producing many household goods, from plastic milk jugs to PVC pipes.

Genetically Modified Algae Could Replace Oil for Plastic
Tweaked cyanobacteria can churn out a plastic precursor, potentially replacing fossil fuels
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM|PAR NIINA HEIKKINEN,CLIMATEWIRE

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 18 Aoû - 22:29

very good alternative to fossil fuel. Is it commercially viable ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty 100% Renewable Energy by 2050? Why wait?

Message  gerardM Mar 29 Sep - 11:28

Howdy.

Greenpeace International

After Shell's defeat in the Alaskan Arctic, it’s time to wonder: what could the world’s energy future actually look like?
Here’s 7 signs that give us hope for a clean, green and safer energy future.

100% Renewable Energy by 2050? Why wait?
A new Greenpeace report shows how the world can move to 100% renewable energy by 2050.The bad news? It needs political will. The good news? It’s already happening.Climate change deniers and investors take note. Renewable energy...
GREENPEACE.ORG

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 29 Sep - 11:30

Earth could go 100 per 100 renewable by 2050

gerardM

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Could Solar Energy Be California's Next Cash Crop?

Message  gerardM Sam 31 Oct - 19:55

Howdy.

National Geographic

"The only thing we can farm is the sun," says Nick Rajkovich, one of several farmers in drought-stricken California who are turning their land over to solar developers—to plant panels instead of crops.
Could Solar Energy Be California's Next Cash Crop?
With the state's latest, relentless drought, federal water deliveries over the past three years have dwindled to zero.
NEWS.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM

gerardM

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Does Daylight Saving Time Conserve Energy?

Message  gerardM Dim 1 Nov - 17:40

Howdy.

Did you remember to move your clocks back one hour today for Daylight Saving Time? This article from our archive sheds some light on the efficiency of seasonally changing the clocks.

Does Daylight Saving Time Conserve Energy?
Benjamin Franklin is credited with conceiving the idea of daylight saving in 1784 to conserve candles.
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM|PAR CHARLES Q. CHOI

gerardM

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Voters Paying Close Attention To Energy Issues

Message  gerardM Mar 3 Nov - 15:33

Howdy.

Forty-five percent of Americans say energy issues will significantly influence the presidential candidate they choose next November.

Voters Paying Close Attention To Energy Issues
Presidential candidates would be wise to come up with a comprehensive energy plan focused on issues most important to voters.
BLOGS.SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM

gerardM

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Missing EPA Webpage Could Be Violation of Federal Law

Message  gerardM Ven 5 Mai - 23:01

Howdy.

Seeker

Missing EPA page could violate the Freedom of Information Act.

Missing EPA Webpage Could Be Violation of Federal Law
The missing page, which provided students and teachers with scientific information about climate change, is the first instance of archive...
SEEKER.COM

gerardM

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Precious Sand – Second Valuable Natural Resource after Fresh Water

Message  gerardM Mar 1 Aoû - 23:36

Howdy.

Similar to fossil energy...

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Sand-mining-texas

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 1 Aoû - 23:39

Oil, energy, sand, global warming, life mass extinctions, supervolcanoes, pollution, fresh water... there are oodles and oodles of time bombs.

gerardM

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty These Breathtaking Natural Wonders No Longer Exist

Message  gerardM Ven 15 Sep - 23:44

Howdy.

Malta's Azure Window was one of the country's most iconic attractions before it toppled in March. See more landmarks around the world that have drastically shape-shifted—or disappeared entirely.

These Breathtaking Natural Wonders No Longer Exist
Natural and manmade forces continue to reshape Earth's landscape.

WWW.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM

gerardM

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty The repair cafes against throw away culture

Message  MurielB Jeu 13 Sep - 11:55

Bonjour 
throwaway culture is very sad and that concept is wonderful I think.What do you think ?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/15/can-we-fix-it-the-repair-cafes-waging-war-on-throwaway-culture

When fixing items is actively discouraged by manufacturers, recycling becomes a political act, say Repair Cafe volunteers

All those broken things you would take to the tip could be mended in a single afternoon and have a new life.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Repair cafe against throwaway culture

Message  MurielB Sam 24 Nov - 21:15

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/15/can-we-fix-it-the-repair-cafes-waging-war-on-throwaway-culture
Can we fix it? The repair cafes waging war on throwaway culture
When fixing items is actively discouraged by manufacturers, recycling becomes a political act, say Repair Cafe volunteers

The Edinburgh Remakery workshop.
Image Credit: Supplied
London: A vacuum cleaner, a hair straightener, a laptop, Christmas lights, an e-reader, a blender, a kettle, two bags, a pair of jeans, a remote-control helicopter, a spoon, a dining-room chair, a lamp and hair clippers. All broken.
It sounds like a pile of things that you’d stick in boxes and take to the tip. In fact, it’s a list of things mended in a single afternoon by British volunteers determined to get people to stop throwing stuff away.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Empty Making tomatoes sustainable again

Message  MurielB Dim 28 Avr - 23:07

Ecology and  How to slove global warming  - Page 2 Mr-oganic-tomato-1
Mr Organic produces around 20 trucks a day during harvest  ( Jessica Brown )

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/organic-sustainable-tomatoes-food-uk-italy-ethical-a8547436.html
Despite the challenges facing,  Mr Organic-natural and otherwise-, Simonetti is confident both retailers and consumers will continue to surrender to the charm and quality of Mr Organic, and increasingly look to buy onto the stories behind brands. 

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Page 2 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant