Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Dawn French Fan Club

2 participants

Page 13 sur 13 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Dawn French Fan Club - Page 13 Empty Re: Dawn French Fan Club

Message  gerardM Ven 18 Sep - 15:55

MurielB a écrit:In German the formal address  is the same as the third person plural pronoun Sie while in Spanish it is the third person singular pronoun usted. I was confused and I should write more in German which is such a difficult language ! C\'est vrai!!

what about
jemanden Sie möchten  töten, aber Sie töten nicht, weil Sie ihnen zu viel vermissen würde.
Muriel,
I knew this but if it is a "formal address", it needs a capital letter.
On the other hand, the initial meaning is neither the polite form nor the "you" but the 3rd person of singular "someone... him/her... them".
Love is spending the rest of your life with someone who makes you nuts and you just want to kill them but you don't... because you can't imagine life without them
You cannot translate using the polite form.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  MurielB Ven 18 Sep - 21:55

In that kind of sentence you can talk to somebody you address as vous. Difficult to explain on a forum ! scratch It is a different approach isn't it ? I'll explain when I see you face to face. Very Happy
I like the expression « you lost the moon counting the stars »

MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  MurielB Dim 16 Sep - 23:13

gerardM a écrit:
Hi everyone,

I open this new thread "Dawn French Fan Club"
because I often pick up the postings of this organization
from their Facabook page;
in addition, I find them very funny:
I do like them.
(I re-published in "Funny Pics / Funny Stories").
Time for them to have their own dedicated thread here.

Dawn French is well known in Australia (and prolly in other English speaking countries) for both her funny stories and the links to cooking recipes (re-published).

Thanks to "Dawn French Fan Club"!

Facebook's page is -> https://www.facebook.com/Dawnfrenchfan?fref=nf

Dawn French Fan Club - Page 13 10672311_788653871192345_9154830941128679126_n
Er she is in fact a bit older now
(photo possibly taken at the invention of the photo tech)  Wink

MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Page 13 sur 13 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13