Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Where are the World's Hungriest People?

2 participants

Where are the World's Hungriest People? Empty Where are the World's Hungriest People?

Message  gerardM Mer 27 Mai - 22:45

Howdy.

National Geographic

There are 795 million undernourished people in the world today, according to a new United Nations report—the lowest figure in nearly a quarter century. Discover how countries have progressed in the global struggle—and where the world's hungriest reside—through this collection of graphics.

Where are the World's Hungriest People? Safe_image.php?d=AQCbd9OPMo2Qsz6z&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.nationalgeographic.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fnews%2Frights-exempt%2Fnat-geo-staff-maps%2F2015%2F05%2Fhunger-map-screenshot-v2

Where are the World's Hungriest People? Take a Look
A new map chars the progress of 129 nations as world hunger falls to a 25-year low.
NEWS.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Where are the World's Hungriest People? Empty Re: Where are the World's Hungriest People?

Message  Remy Ven 29 Mai - 6:05

Let's hope that, in fifteen years, there won't be undernourished people any more in the world.
We see, that there are still hunger problems in China. Surprising...

Remy

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Where are the World's Hungriest People? Empty Re: Where are the World's Hungriest People?

Message  gerardM Ven 29 Mai - 22:51

Hi Remy,
Remy a écrit:Let's hope that, in fifteen years, there won't be undernourished people any more in the world.
We see, that there are still hunger problems in China. Surprising...
I wonder if hunger is not in human nature!
Some people just aim to take other's things (whatever these things are)!!
In our "developed" countries, difference between riches and poors is increasing.

As long as finance...
Total co is not the worst, however...
Christophe de Margerie was the "President Directeur Général" of the group. After his death he was replaced by Thierry Desmarest as the "President du Conseil d'Administration" who didn't want any money except the "jetons de presence as an administrator (I guess he is 69);  Patrick Pouyanné became the "Directeur Général"... prorata temporis, PP got Christophe de Margerie's pay!!!
PP was appointed PDG by the Annual Meeting today: he will earn a fixed+variable pay of €5,000,000 a year (if the variable part is fully paid); I didn't consider the Long Term part (shares and stock-options).
5 M€ a year, how many times the average French employee? Total Group is not the worst in France (consider AXA).

Human rights might have a future!!

gerardM

Message  Remy Sam 30 Mai - 2:08

Capitalism is the best way to create wealth, but it leads to heavy inequalities - and injustice. Boarders'abolition, law of supply and demand and the lack of a world's government are probably responsible for that. Some local governments vote social and fiscal laws to redistribute wealth but, for the time being, they are helpless.

On the other way, that's clear that the shareholders are ready to pay handsomely CEO who obtain good corporate profits...

Remy

Message  gerardM Sam 30 Mai - 9:48

Hi Remy,
Remy a écrit:Capitalism is the best way to create wealth, but it leads to heavy inequalities - and injustice.
Yesterday I got a picture about this but I didn't dare post it here.

... the lack of a world's government
Bill Gates is asking for a world's government.

... On the other way, that's clear that the shareholders are ready to pay handsomely CEO who obtain good corporate profits...
Any CEOs. Shareholders gives the money beforehands even though many CEOs don't deserve.

gerardM

Message  Remy Sam 30 Mai - 14:37

Hi Gerard,

"Any CEOs. Shareholders gives the money beforehands even though many CEOs don't deserve."

You know, during general meetings, minority shareholders don't make a majority. On the contrary, the votes of the CEOs of hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies, and so on...are decisive. They belong to the same socioprofessional group, so they won't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

However, things are beginning to change...

Remy