Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

16 Pictures of the World's Kitchens Show the Hearts of Homes

2 participants

16 Pictures of the World's Kitchens Show the Hearts of Homes Empty 16 Pictures of the World's Kitchens Show the Hearts of Homes

Message  gerardM Dim 1 Nov - 18:08

Howdy.

National Geographic Magazine

Houses may differ drastically around the world but these photos show that from Greenland to Australia, the kitchen is the heart of the home.

16 Pictures of the World's Kitchens Show the Hearts of Homes Safe_image.php?d=AQD_ISH1u3PKWXSu&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.nationalgeographic.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fnews%2F2015%2F10%2F16%2Fkitchensgallery%2F3kitchensgallery.ngsversion.1444995009224

16 Pictures of the World's Kitchens Show the Hearts of Homes
Food is so much more than just what we eat.
NEWS.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

16 Pictures of the World's Kitchens Show the Hearts of Homes Empty Re: 16 Pictures of the World's Kitchens Show the Hearts of Homes

Message  MurielB Dim 1 Nov - 21:58

Thanks Gérard, this is a very interesting article. We can note that the fashion in France is now a kitchen opening onto a living room. In the past the wealthy families had a house-help who lived separately  from the family so the kitchen was not next to the living room. Nowadays there is nobody to help and people have to do everything when they receive their friends. The kitchen opens onto the living room because they have to talk to their friends and at the same time cook.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

16 Pictures of the World's Kitchens Show the Hearts of Homes Empty Re: 16 Pictures of the World's Kitchens Show the Hearts of Homes

Message  gerardM Lun 2 Nov - 15:20

Muriel,
Isn't it what we call "cuisine américaine"?
I often write that what happens in the US, comes to France then.

> they have to talk to their friends and at the same time cook.
What about having the oven on the table: fondue, plancha, etc? or have meals with friends in the kitchen, a big table around the coocking appliance?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 2 Nov - 21:48

What about having the oven on the table: fondue, plancha, etc? or have meals with friends in the kitchen, a big table around the coocking Appliance?
Gérard it's a very good idea all the more so since cooking is in that way very easy ! Very Happy

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Lun 2 Nov - 22:08

Very user-friendly meetings: everyone is cooking their own meal (exact cooking level they want) - very easy to speak, and laugh. The hostess just have to purchase of easy-to-cook food.

gerardM