Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Dawn French Fan Club 3

2 participants

Page 25 sur 41 Précédent  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Suivant

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Dawn French Fan Club 3

Message  gerardM Ven 4 Aoû - 21:57

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20526158_1540497156008009_3300316684186007432_n

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  gerardM Ven 4 Aoû - 22:23

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20525583_1540223312702060_5627965980984301804_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 5 Aoû - 9:29

gerardM a écrit:
Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20526158_1540497156008009_3300316684186007432_n

outstanding
Excellent or exceptionally good:

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Sam 5 Aoû - 11:49

MurielB a écrit:...
outstanding
Excellent or exceptionally good:
I'm glad these pictures provide you with new words Smile especially "outstanding" which is a common one.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 5 Aoû - 12:12

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying: “Hi, how are you?”
I’m not the type to start a conversation in the men’s restroom, but I don’t know what got into me, so I answered, somewhat embarrassed, ‘I’m doing just fine.”
And the other guy says: “So, what are you up to?”
What kind of question is that? At that point, I’m thinking this is too bizarre so I say: “Uhhh, I’m just traveling for work.”
At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question. “Can I come over?”
Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell him, “No… I’m a little busy right now!”
Then I hear the guy say nervously:
“Listen, I’ll have to call you back. Some guy is in the other stall answering all my questions.”

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 5 Aoû - 13:51

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20637954_1541698602554531_2712041002448569720_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 5 Aoû - 16:32

communication is difficult. There is always a gap between what you say and what the people understand.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 5 Aoû - 18:09

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20258367_1990120207892253_8813842400368916877_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 5 Aoû - 18:11

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20604560_1541809155876809_1311086316687425712_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 6 Aoû - 15:49

A married couple went to the hospital to have their baby delivered.
Upon their arrival, the doctor said he had invented a new machine that would transfer a portion of the mothers pain to the baby’s father. He asked if they were willing to try it out. they were both very much in favor of it.
The doctor set the pain transfer to 10%, for starters, explaining that even 10% was probably more pain the father had ever experienced before. However, as the labor progressed, the husband felt fine and asked the doctor to go ahead and “kick it up a notch.”
The doctor then adjusted the machine to 20% pain transfer. The husband still feeling fine. The doctor checked the husbands blood pressure and was amazed at how well he was doing at this point, they decided to try for 50%. the husband continued to feel quite well.
Since the pain transfer was obviously helping out the wife considerably, the husband encouraged the doctor to transfer ALL the pain to him.
The wife delivered a healthy baby boy with virtually no pain. She and her husband were ecstatic. When they arrived home, they found the mail man dead on the porch.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 6 Aoû - 16:44

No I don't know the meaning of that expression
To kick it up a notch=>To make things more intense, exciting, or interesting.  

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Dim 6 Aoû - 16:48

they found the mail man dead on the porch.
Excellent paternity test ! :-)

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 6 Aoû - 22:43

MurielB a écrit:No I don't know the meaning of that expression
Not exactly Muriel, I guess you missed "notch".
You've to separate:
- To kick up = to cause to rise upward
- a notch = a level (Fr un cran)

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 6 Aoû - 22:53

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20638404_1543238812400510_4353673417122790789_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 6 Aoû - 23:12

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20663660_1543028342421557_2359724568890045453_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 7 Aoû - 0:19

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20604505_1543320969058961_4368374685717498111_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 7 Aoû - 21:34

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20637943_1544226068968451_6716200814890404746_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 7 Aoû - 22:38

gerardM a écrit:
MurielB a écrit:No I don't know the meaning of that expression
Not exactly Muriel, I guess you missed "notch".
You've to separate:
- To kick up = to cause to rise upward
- a notch = a level (Fr un cran)

Tx a lot Gérard.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Aoû - 9:45

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20621222_1544611835596541_3245311366054611230_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Aoû - 9:57

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20638522_1544703778920680_3128839201509164838_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Aoû - 10:01

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20293005_1990725381165069_2467760155014295411_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Aoû - 11:42

An Irish priest was transferred to Texas.
Father O’Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new west Texas mission parish.
He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside.
He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called the local police station.
The conversation went like this: “Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?”
“And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O’ Malley at St. Ann ‘s Catholic Church. There’s a jackass lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o’yer lads to take care of the matter?”
Sergeant Jones, considering himself quite a wit and recognizing the foreign accent, thought he would have a little fun with the good father, replied, “Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!”
There was dead silence on the line for a long moment...
Father O’Malley then replied: “Aye, ’tis certainly true; but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin first, which is the reason for me call.”

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Aoû - 21:55

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20638331_1545404995517225_5067960972083349785_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 8 Aoû - 22:23

gerardM a écrit:
An Irish priest was transferred to Texas.
Father O’Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new west Texas mission parish.
He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside.
He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called the local police station.
The conversation went like this: “Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?”
“And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O’ Malley at St. Ann ‘s Catholic Church. There’s a jackass lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o’yer lads to take care of the matter?”
Sergeant Jones, considering himself quite a wit and recognizing the foreign accent, thought he would have a little fun with the good father, replied, “Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!”
There was dead silence on the line for a long moment...
Father O’Malley then replied: “Aye, ’tis certainly true; but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin first, which is the reason for me call.”

The nest of kin are the nearest blood relatives of a person who has died

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 9 Aoû - 9:07

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 25 20664121_1545732275484497_3083149244612349939_n

gerardM

Page 25 sur 41 Précédent  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 41  Suivant