Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The 17 equations that changed the course of history

2 participants

The 17 equations that changed the course of history Empty The 17 equations that changed the course of history

Message  gerardM Dim 30 Avr - 15:36

Howdy.

The 17 equations that changed the course of history Safe_image.php?d=AQBm0VWPOR4AWROV&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.businessinsider.com%2Fimage%2F53207c206bb3f7933591a886%2Fimage

The 17 equations that changed the course of history
Mathematics is all around us, and it has shaped...
BUSINESSINSIDER.COM.AU

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The 17 equations that changed the course of history Empty Re: The 17 equations that changed the course of history

Message  MurielB Dim 30 Avr - 22:09

I feel I should read more about what changed the world ! Rolling Eyes

The 17 equations that changed the course of history 434432271_837995898367711_696139415373841831_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=2285d6&_nc_ohc=oayqvB2kHVAQ7kNvgH883zj&_nc_ht=scontent.flil1-1
La langue c'est Le Lien, Language is The Link, La Lengua es el Nexo de unión, Sprache ist die Verbindung, Il Linguaggio è Il Legame, La Lingvo estas La Ligilo etc.
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

The 17 equations that changed the course of history Empty Re: The 17 equations that changed the course of history

Message  gerardM Dim 30 Avr - 23:46

MurielB a écrit:I feel I should read more about what changed the world ! Rolling Eyes
Click the link and read a few explanations.

Muriel, I told you in another thread to use caps in the formulaa E=mC². I exaggerated and made a mistake: I'm sure E and C must be written in caps. However I also read E=mc² tho' -again' I always heard (in my studies) that C = Fr-Célérité and the symbol is C (caps) throughout the world.
In the book I was referring to ("Le pays qu'habitait Albert Einstein, Etienne Klein), I read that Einstein didn't use the symbol C, it came later.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 1 Mai - 22:47

Yes I have read the explanations.  matter is energy concentrated. What do you think of that quote ?
"What is mind? It doesn't matter. What is matter? Never mind."

The 17 equations that changed the course of history 434432271_837995898367711_696139415373841831_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=2285d6&_nc_ohc=oayqvB2kHVAQ7kNvgH883zj&_nc_ht=scontent.flil1-1
La langue c'est Le Lien, Language is The Link, La Lengua es el Nexo de unión, Sprache ist die Verbindung, Il Linguaggio è Il Legame, La Lingvo estas La Ligilo etc.
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 1 Mai - 23:07

MurielB a écrit:Yes I have read the explanations.  matter is energy concentrated. What do you think of that quote ?
"What is mind? It doesn't matter. What is matter? Never mind."
The pun is too easy, the assertion is ridiculous.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 1 Mai - 23:20

For me it's not ridiculous
Nature appears to be composed of 2 completely different kinds of things. matter=>rocklike things and spirit=>idealike things. How can 2 completely different kinds of things can interact with each other ?
In quantum mechanics particles can turn into waves.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave%E2%80%93particle_duality
all particles also have a wave nature (and vice versa).[2] This phenomenon has been verified not only for elementary particles, but also for compound particles like atoms and even molecules. For macroscopic particles, because of their extremely short wavelengths, wave properties usually cannot be detected.[3]
What is reality ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 1 Mai - 23:32

Muriel,

> What is mind? It doesn't matter
Mind does matter, for sure.

> What is matter? Never mind.
Matter is bloody important.

I never like when social sciences and physical sciences are separated.
A BIG BIG error was made by Pascal with his "Le moi est haïssable !" - having separated them caused big issues in France as we ignored social sciences for centuries and were way behind Austrians.
Similarly body and mind can't be distinguished and cured separately: they work together, in symbiosis.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 1 Mai - 23:41

Similarly body and mind can't be distinguished and cured separately: they work together, in symbiosis.
This is exactly what I think !

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mar 2 Mai - 10:20, édité 1 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 1 Mai - 23:46

What do you think about Pascal's "Le moi est haïssable"?
Wasn't it a mistake that played big tricks to France?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 2 Mai - 23:03

Gérard I don't like Pascal's expression"Le moi est haïssable". I prefer what Jung thinks
http://ariaga.hautetfort.com/archive/2006/11/29/le-moi-selon-c-g-jung.html
Dans cette espèce de géographie de la psyché que j'avais commencée avec "la peau de l'être psychique" on voit donc que le Moi se situe au centre de la conscience, comme une sorte de général en chef. Cependant, il n'est pas toujours le maître chez lui, car il doit supporter le poids de la conscience collective, mais il dispose d'un pouvoir, d'une énergie créatrice : la volonté. Grâce à cette énergie, l'homme peut influencer le cours des événements et éprouver un sentiment de liberté. Tout au moins si cette énergie est suffisante.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 6 Mai - 21:51

MATLAB

The 11 most beautiful math equations! Do you agree?

The 17 equations that changed the course of history Safe_image.php?d=AQBYaJKZlJl2-9UO&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fd2jhuj1whasmze.cloudfront.net%2Fphotos%2Foriginal%2Fug3gm

The 11 Most Beautiful Mathematical Equations
Mathematical equations, from the formulas of special and general relativity, to the Pythagorean theorem, are both powerful and pleasing in their...
LIVESCIENCE.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 6 Mai - 22:38

Gérard I am not very good with math equations. What is important for me is that matter is not just rocklike but energy we unfortunately don't know where It comes from. For me there can be a sense in evolution, I think we are all connected from the tiniest particles till the human societies. The quantum link creates life  but it is very difficult to explain and we are still trying to know more about that. Perhaps all these math equations will prove wrong one day. Sad

MurielB
MurielB
Admin