Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2-

2 participants

Page 6 sur 22 Précédent  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Suivant

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 Empty Re: Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2-

Message  gerardM Dim 24 Sep - 14:26

Passengers on a small plane are waiting for the flight to leave.
They're getting a little impatient, but the airport staff assures them the pilots will be there soon, and then the flight can take off.
Finally the entrance opens, and two men dressed in Pilots' uniforms walk up the aisle.
Both are wearing dark glasses, one is using a guide dog, and the other is tapping his way along the aisle with a white cane.
Nervous laughter spreads through the cabin, but the men enter the cockpit, the door closes, and the engines start up.
The passengers begin glancing nervously around, searching for some sign that this is just a little practical joke.
None is forthcoming.
The plane moves faster and faster down the runway, and the people sitting in the window seats realize they're headed straight for the water at the edge of the airport territory.
As it begins to look as though the plane will plow into the water, panicked screams fill the cabin.
At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers relax and laugh a little sheepishly, and soon all retreat into their magazines, secure in the knowledge that the plane really is in good hands.
Meanwhile, in the cockpit, the pilot turns to the co-pilot and says, "You know, Jim one of these days, they're gonna scream too late and we're all gonna die."

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 Empty Re: Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2-

Message  gerardM Dim 24 Sep - 14:30

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 21766415_1780818835281264_805213620011738801_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 24 Sep - 20:11

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22007440_1781259221903892_2384819381771723345_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 24 Sep - 20:30

On hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Katie went straight to her grandparent's house to visit her 95 year old grandmother and comfort her.
When she asked how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied, "He had a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning."
Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100 years old having sex would surely be asking for trouble.
"Oh no, my dear," replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice and slow and even. Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong."
She paused, wiped away a tear and then continued, "And if that damned ice cream truck hadn't come along, he'd still be alive today!"

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 24 Sep - 21:14

Tx Gérard for the very good expression
=>ask for trouble : persist with actions or an attitude despite the probability that it will cause trouble (chercher des ennuis)

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  gerardM Lun 25 Sep - 14:18

A Minnesota couple decided to vacation to Florida during the winter.
They planned to stay at the very same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier.
Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules.
So, the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday.
His wife would fly down the following day.
The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an e-mail to his wife.
However, he accidentally left out one letter in her e-mail address, and without realizing his error, he sent the e-mail.
Meanwhile... somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral.
He was a minister of many years who was called home to glory following a sudden heart attack.
The widow decided to check her e-mail, expecting messages from relatives and friends.
After reading the first message, she fainted.
The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:
To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I've Arrived
Date: January 10, 2017
I know you're surprised to hear from me.
They have computers here now and you are allowed to send e-mails to your loved ones.
I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is not as uneventful as mine was.
P.S. Sure is hot down here!

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 25 Sep - 22:47

Very Happy Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 26 Sep - 14:06

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22007339_1783815748314906_5999792041819857586_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 26 Sep - 14:33

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22007460_1783433815019766_5670230511470766158_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 26 Sep - 20:51

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22007998_1784019238294557_8784250511247103204_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 26 Sep - 21:52

gerardM a écrit:
Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22007460_1783433815019766_5670230511470766158_n

you are never disappointed because you know how to please the one who will receive your present ! Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 27 Sep - 9:27

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 21766866_1784452881584526_4021468077729880002_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 27 Sep - 9:34

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22008160_1784331514929996_6700013963635871401_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 27 Sep - 9:45

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 21768038_1784203124942835_6014971052318664467_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 27 Sep - 13:47

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 Can-you-do-the-cancan-picture-id680410722

so long as we are happy, it doesn't matter !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 27 Sep - 17:49

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22045606_1784700038226477_6906385121163602719_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 27 Sep - 23:40

It all dépends of Your thoughts because they make your words
Gandhi said "Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words"

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 27 Sep - 23:54

MurielB a écrit:It all dépends of Your thoughts because they make your words
Gandhi said "Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words"
I don't pretend to compete with Gandhi, I want to be myself and: You just never know what's gonna come out of my mouth! LOL

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 28 Sep - 10:13

Dave comes home from the pub, drunkest he's been in a long time, and collapses into bed next to his sleeping wife.
Later, he's woken by a brilliant flash of light at the end of his bed, which his still sleeping wife seems oblivious to.
St. Peter appears in all his glory, standing over the two of them.
"You have died my son, of alcohol poisoning" says St. Peter.
Dave is obviously distraught and begs and pleads with the saint to be given another chance at life.
"Well..." says St. Peter, thumbing through his saintly handbook,
"There is a little known rule which might help. Apparently you can be reincarnated in special circumstances if you wish, but only as a dog or as a chicken I'm afraid.."
Dave, living next door to a chicken farm, agrees to be reincarnated as a chicken, at least so he can still see his wife.
BOOM, the man is suddenly now a chicken, pecking around the chicken farm. A rooster approaches him and says "Hey! You must be the new arrival here! How's everything going?"
"Pretty good" says Dave, "though my stomach feels a bit funny.."
"Well you're obviously about to lay an egg! Give it a try... push one out!"
So Dave wriggles and squirms and wriggles and squirms and out pops a nice egg!
"That felt great!" thinks Dave, "I think I'll lay another one!" So again he wriggles and squirms and wriggles and squirms and then !!BANG!!
His wife angrily slaps him on the back of his head and screams in a rage:
"For Christ's sake David!! You've crapped the bed again!!!"

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 28 Sep - 10:46

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22008150_1785304584832689_6960571716042504305_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 28 Sep - 14:10

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22046891_1785174728179008_8395750124262324287_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 28 Sep - 14:36

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 21768282_1785567368139744_6949959149493625359_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 28 Sep - 21:25

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 22008320_1785758958120585_6126970562812582111_n

gerardM

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 Empty why do we crack wish bones ?

Message  MurielB Jeu 28 Sep - 22:09

Jennifer Saunders Fan Club -2- - Page 6 Stock-photo-bone-wishbone-happy-wish-lucky-dream-fb2db092-d6de-4a8f-9720-c23e92ecec3b

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 28 Sep - 22:35

Hi Muriel, thanks for the illustration of a wishbone... there's also the "wishbone boom aka wishbone".

The thing to notice in the text is that the three of them -wishbone, backbone and funny bone- do exist; the text gives examples of wish, back and fun.
Did you know the three words/expressions?

gerardM

Page 6 sur 22 Précédent  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Suivant