Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Dawn French Fan Club 4

2 participants

Page 4 sur 8 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Dawn French Fan Club 4

Message  gerardM Jeu 4 Jan - 23:10

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26167203_1707610289296694_5589883773345985072_n

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  MurielB Jeu 4 Jan - 23:14

Yes, People should respect and understand you for whatever answers you’ll give them

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Ven 5 Jan - 11:22

Five surgeons were talking about the best patients...

First surgeon says, "Accountants are the best to operate on because when you open them up, everything on the inside is numbered."

Second surgeon says, "Nah - librarians are the best. Everything inside them is in alphabetical order."

Third surgeon responds, "Try electricians! Everything inside them is color coded!"

Fourth surgeon intercedes, "I prefer lawyers. They're heartless, spineless, gutless, and their heads and butts are interchangeable."

To which the fifth surgeon, who has been quietly listening to the conversation, says, "I like engineers. They always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end."

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 5 Jan - 16:13

A man was driving along the highway, and saw a rabbit hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the rabbit, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of the car and was hit.

The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and went out to see what had become of the rabbit.

Much to his dismay, the rabbit was dead. The driver felt so awful, he began to cry.

A woman driving down the highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit this rabbit and killed it."

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the dead rabbit, and sprayed the contents of the can onto the rabbit.

Miraculously the rabbit came to life, jumped up, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped down the road. 50 meters away the rabbit stopped, turned around, waved and hopped down the road, another 50 meters, turned, waved and hopped another 50 meters.

The man was astonished. He couldn’t figure out what substance could be in the woman’s spray can!!

He ran over to the woman and demanded, "What is in your spray can? What did you spray on that rabbit?"

The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave."

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 5 Jan - 16:36

A dog walks into a butcher shop and the butcher asks, “What do you want?” The dog points to steak in a glass case.

“How many pounds?” The dog barks twice.

“Anything else?” The dog points to some pork chops and barks four times. So the butcher wraps up a two-pound steak and four pork chops, and places the bag in the dog’s mouth. He then takes money from a purse tied around the dog’s neck, and sees him out.

A customer, who has been watching in amazement, follows the dog to a house several blocks away, where it rings the doorbell to be let in. As the owner appears at the door, the customer says, “What a remarkable dog!”

“Remarkable?” snorts the owner. “This is the second time this week he’s forgotten his keys.”

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 5 Jan - 16:43

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26112316_1704446562946400_6415160083340343925_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 5 Jan - 22:25

gerardM a écrit:
A dog walks into a butcher shop and the butcher asks, “What do you want?” The dog points to steak in a glass case.

“How many pounds?” The dog barks twice.

“Anything else?” The dog points to some pork chops and barks four times. So the butcher wraps up a two-pound steak and four pork chops, and places the bag in the dog’s mouth. He then takes money from a purse tied around the dog’s neck, and sees him out.

A customer, who has been watching in amazement, follows the dog to a house several blocks away, where it rings the doorbell to be let in. As the owner appears at the door, the customer says, “What a remarkable dog!”

“Remarkable?” snorts the owner. “This is the second time this week he’s forgotten his keys.”
block of flatsapartment building
block of flats (British English)
Apartment building (Am English)

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 6 Jan - 14:50

Things that took me 50 years to learn, by Dave Barry

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, it's full potential, that word would be "meetings."

3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

5. And when God, who created the entire universe with all of it's glories, decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle...

6. You should not confuse your career with your life.

7. No matter what happens ... somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.

8. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy.

9. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

10. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.

11. Never lick a steak knife.

12. Take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.

13. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

14. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

15. Your friends love you anyway.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 6 Jan - 23:33

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26229313_1709862602404796_4892983398924015882_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 7 Jan - 16:44

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26229452_1710788532312203_5337534012031948718_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 7 Jan - 17:10

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26169401_1710198349037888_445162552710507108_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 7 Jan - 21:47

what is a quickie ? http://dictionnaire.reverso.net/anglais-francais/quickie

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 7 Jan - 21:52

I see that you posted a complete page from Reverso including daring meanings.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 7 Jan - 22:05

Gérard I wonder why "quickie" is pronounced "quiche"

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 7 Jan - 22:29

MurielB a écrit:Gérard I wonder why "quickie" is pronounced "quiche"
No Muriel.
The guy made a mistake: he wanted to order a quiche; quiche had to be pronounced like in French.
Unfortunately he tried to pronounce in the English way:
- the "qu" was pronounced like in quad
- the "ch" has two pronunciations in En -1-like in chess -2-like in archeology
The guy chose the second.
- the ending "e" is often pronounced like in recipe

The result became quickie (pronounced kwiki), so the result led to a completely different word, hence the slap.

"Quiche" is pronounced like in French.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 7 Jan - 22:36

I have got it now. Tx Gérard for explaining.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 8 Jan - 12:07

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 Safe_image.php?d=AQDoco3v2gtn_N_W&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.factinate.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F01%2FExternal-Thumbnail-Edited-V3-1

50 Interesting Facts about the Human Body.
I had no idea.

FACTINATE.COM

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 8 Jan - 15:25

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26239567_1712164705507919_7189642905048121314_n

Interesting to have to figure out these built-words.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 9 Jan - 19:07

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26195393_1713455055378884_7343237281714301352_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 9 Jan - 23:15

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26239486_1713777435346646_6010855689460565685_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 10 Jan - 10:46

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26219768_1714119035312486_5030237719811941662_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 10 Jan - 14:17

A husband and wife go to a counselor after 15 years of marriage.

The counselor asks them what the problem is and the wife goes into a tirade listing every problem they have ever had in the 15 years they've been married. She goes on and on and on.

Finally, the counselor gets up, walks around the desk, embraces the wife and kisses her passionately. The woman shuts up and sits quietly in a daze.

The counselor turns to the husband and says, "This is what your wife needs at least three times a week. Can you do this?"

The husband thinks for a moment and replies, "Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish."

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 10 Jan - 23:13

a perfect unmannerly guy !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 17 Jan - 23:05

Dawn French Fan Club 4 - Page 4 26907699_1722513497806373_1875627083274407094_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 17 Jan - 23:35

Very good idea ! Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin