Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The importance of the English language 2018

+2
YvesB
MurielB
6 participants

The importance of the English language 2018 Empty The importance of the English language 2018

Message  MurielB Sam 12 Mai - 22:10

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/27/reached-peak-english-britain-china

the use of English is greater than ever, and far more widespread than any other language in the world. All non-English-speaking powers of our globalised world recognise it as the first foreign language to learn.
It is true that English's globalization, unprecedented in the history of languages is a revolution but as a language-lover i like when it sounds nice
what do you think about=>Globish or broken English ?

The importance of the English language 2018 434432271_837995898367711_696139415373841831_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=2285d6&_nc_ohc=oayqvB2kHVAQ7kNvgH883zj&_nc_ht=scontent.flil1-1
La langue c'est Le Lien, Language is The Link, La Lengua es el Nexo de unión, Sprache ist die Verbindung, Il Linguaggio è Il Legame, La Lingvo estas La Ligilo etc.
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The importance of the English language 2018 Empty Re: The importance of the English language 2018

Message  MurielB Lun 14 Mai - 22:19

Non-native speakers of English now outnumber native speakers 3 to 1. There are more Chinese children studying English than there are Britons. Of course the new English-speakers aren't just absorbing the language, they are shaping it.

You will see it for yourself if you watch that video !

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mar 15 Mai - 9:17, édité 1 fois

The importance of the English language 2018 434432271_837995898367711_696139415373841831_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=2285d6&_nc_ohc=oayqvB2kHVAQ7kNvgH883zj&_nc_ht=scontent.flil1-1
La langue c'est Le Lien, Language is The Link, La Lengua es el Nexo de unión, Sprache ist die Verbindung, Il Linguaggio è Il Legame, La Lingvo estas La Ligilo etc.
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

The importance of the English language 2018 Empty Re: The importance of the English language 2018

Message  YvesB Mar 15 Mai - 2:21

This guy is awesome indeed.
Humble and exhaustive.
Thumbs up !!

Some would say he tends to overdo it ?
Well, I've worked a lot with indian people, and I've lived in West Africa...
(Texans as well, yes, but do they really speak any kind of english ?)

From experience, I'd say that he actually *under*does it.
Reality is even worse.
YvesB
YvesB

Lieu : Niort
Langues : Fr (Langue mater) It, Esp, Port, Gb, Russe, Catalan

Message  MurielB Mar 15 Mai - 23:20

Yves a écrit:This guy is awesome indeed.
I agree with you, that guy is amazing !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  didje Jeu 17 Mai - 9:21

Est-ce une si bonne nouvelle ?
didje
didje

Lieu : Boulogne-sur-Mer
Langues : Espéranto Gb Fr (Langue maternelle),

http://didesper.free.fr

The importance of the English language 2018 Empty Une bonne nouvelle ?

Message  PatrickB Ven 18 Mai - 9:54

Pardonnez moi de répondre en français pour une question posée en anglais car je ne maîtrise pas assez la langue de Shakespeare pour ce faire. Pour ma part l’anglais ne pourra jamais se substituer à l’espéranto car cette dernière n’est la langue de personne donc elle appartient à tous et n’est la langue maternelle d’aucun permettant à tous de l’emprunter et d’être sur un plan d’égalité avec ses locuteurs. C’est la langue du peuple et non celle des états (raison à mon avis de sa non adoption dans des instances internationales puisque niant intraséquement la notion de nationalité fondement du nationalisme et de la légitimité de l’état). Merci à mon ami Guy de m’avoir permis de découvrir cette langue merveilleuse porteuse de fraternité, d’égalité, de liberté plus que ma langue maternelle.
PatrickB
PatrickB

Lieu : café de Calais (et d'ailleurs - déplacements)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle) , Gb

Message  Guilaine Ven 1 Juin - 12:48

Going back to this guy's video, I find it really funny and well done. The few languages I could recognise were not exaggerated but real. See the French accent for example ! And many others. This boy is really gifted and modest at the same time. Which is most appreciated.
Guilaine
Guilaine

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It

The importance of the English language 2018 Empty The importance of the English language 2018

Message  sylviaJ Lun 18 Juin - 13:25

Some of this is quite good, some less convincing (for me at least). I may be old-fashioned, but I don't like the overuse of the F-word.
I'm surprised he didn't do Australian, or did I miss it? Nice try!
sylviaJ
sylviaJ

Lieu : Bruxelles
Langues : DE Gb (Langue maternelle), ESp Russe It Farsi

Message  MurielB Lun 18 Juin - 22:47

Hi Sylvia, thanks for adding this. You can hear the  Australian accent approximately in the middle of the video.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin