Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Réflexions about language

Réflexions  about language Empty Réflexions about language

Message  MurielB Dim 17 Juil - 23:27

Dernière édition par MurielB le Jeu 1 Sep - 13:37, édité 1 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Réflexions  about language Empty Re: Réflexions about language

Message  MurielB Lun 18 Juil - 8:28

Michael Corballis a écrit: Evolutionary science has long viewed language as, basically, a fortunate accident—a crossing of wires that happened to be extraordinarily useful, setting humans apart from other animals and onto a trajectory that would see their brains (and the products of those brains) become increasingly complex.

it’s time to reconsider those assumptions. Language is not the product of some “big bang” 60,000 years ago, but rather the result of a typically slow process of evolution with roots in elements of grammatical language found much farther back in our evolutionary history. Language evolved as a way to share thoughts—and, crucially for human development, to connect our own “mental time travel,” our imagining of events and people that are not right in front of us, to that of other people. We share that ability with other animals, but it was the development of language that made it powerful: it led to our ability to imagine other perspectives, to imagine ourselves in the minds of others, a development that, by easing social interaction, proved to be an extraordinary evolutionary advantage.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Réflexions  about language Empty Re: Réflexions about language

Message  MurielB Lun 18 Juil - 11:55

We are all interconnected: nature as well as well as  living beings.  Among others, language is a very important link  Trees, plants, animals and people communicate with one another.

Unknown a écrit:I believe that we are all interconnected with the universe, that we have immense possibilities with the universe that have never been exploited because we have been poisoned by an excessive rationality that has killed intuition, atrophied the imagination.

Any way, it si very difficult to communicate. what I want to say, what I think I say, what I say, what you want to hear, what you think you hear, what you hear, what you want to understand, what you think you understand, what you understand etc.. Perhaps plants and animals experience the same difficulties. Who knows ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin