Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

SOIREE : est une fille ou un Garçon ? GENDER REVEAL PARTY

4 participants

SOIREE : est une fille ou un Garçon ?  GENDER REVEAL PARTY Empty SOIREE : est une fille ou un Garçon ? GENDER REVEAL PARTY

Message  Henri Sam 10 Sep - 14:04

Pink or blue
In the US, a new trend among the parents-to-be set is the Gender Reveal Party.
Basically, it goes like this: the expectant mother has her 20-week ultrasound,
and rather than asking the baby's sex, she asks the ultrasound technician
to write the sex on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope.
This envelope is given to a baker, who bakes a cake in either blue or pink
to correspond with the sex of the baby, then frosts the cake in a gender-neutral
color to hide the color of the cake.

Then the parents-to-be host a big Gender Reveal Party for their family and friends
the culmination of which is the cutting of the cake and subsequent revelation of the baby's sex

Henri

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (langue maternelle), Gb

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

SOIREE : est une fille ou un Garçon ?  GENDER REVEAL PARTY Empty Re: SOIREE : est une fille ou un Garçon ? GENDER REVEAL PARTY

Message  Guilaine Mer 14 Sep - 16:46

This is really very funny and interesting.

So that means, all family and friends celebrate the event. But it should only work if the sex is of no importance to the parents-to-be, because I wonder what the party would celebrate in case the sex did not correspond to the parents' wishes.
I know of a young mother who cried bitterly because she got another son after 3 attempts for a daughter.
One may "recover" slowly and privately, and welcome the new baby all the same, but the first reaction among family and friends may be one of disappointment and sadness.
Guilaine
Guilaine

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It

SOIREE : est une fille ou un Garçon ?  GENDER REVEAL PARTY Empty SOIREE : est une fille ou un Garçon ? GENDER REVEAL PARTY

Message  Henri Jeu 15 Sep - 13:06

Yes Guilaine, that could be a problem !
i think the bette use of the GENDER REVEAL PARTY , is first baby .
Henri

Henri

Langues : Français (langue maternelle), Gb

SOIREE : est une fille ou un Garçon ?  GENDER REVEAL PARTY Empty Re: SOIREE : est une fille ou un Garçon ? GENDER REVEAL PARTY

Message  coldfusion Sam 17 Sep - 16:17

It could be a little bit more funny, if people can put some bets on it. Otherwise, I think it is always a happy event when both parents are expecting a coming baby.
How can people make sure of the complete secret, no cheats. To know the baby gender is always tempting, isn't it?

coldfusion

Lieu : ??
Langues : ??

Message  MurielB Dim 18 Sep - 22:25

I know a young couple who also asked the doctor to write the baby's sex on a piece of paper. They had a meal together in a good restaurant and discovered what was written with a glass of champagne. Very Happy Very Happy

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  Invité Mer 21 Sep - 11:38

And I guess they would have to order two cakes for twins....or three for triplets!!

Invité
Invité