Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

How to keep healthy

+2
MurielB
gerardM
6 participants

Page 1 sur 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant

How to keep healthy Empty How to keep healthy

Message  gerardM Mar 19 Fév - 14:32

To discover other pages please click on the top right. the page numbers appear there.
Hi everyone,

Oh My God!
I never saw this!

I like to watch "Le magazine de la santé / http://www.allodocteurs.fr/ " everyday at 1:45 pm on France 5, lead by Michel Cymes, Marina Carrère d'Encausse et Benoît Thévenet.
It last till 3:00 pm. This program has been on for 15 years now.

Today they had to welcome a guest -like every day-: Dc Michel de l'Orgeril, a cardiologist and a researcher at the CNRS.
This program is in live and it is usually very funny especially when Michel teases Marina; Marina's laughters are about to be as famous as Denise Fabre's. The program is live and viewers take advantage of this to ask salacious questions (on Twitter) especially for the sex therapists.
They were supposed to interview Michel de l'Orgeril about the cholesterol buzz and the statines... this guy is one of the attackers, who claims statines are useless and only a benefit for pharmaceutical labs.
Yesterday, they received another doctor who is a defender.
The debate began on Feb 14 with Pr Philippe Even's interview who denounced statines (as being useless).
From the beginning, we could feel the tension with Marina bent back on her seat, with Michel with a strange unusual face, naming the guest Monsieur and not Doctor...
Michel tried to speak but couldn't. The guest made his speech and responded that he was not interested in Cymes' questions and went on with his own speech. Cymes and Carrère d'Encausse couldn't speak. Orgeril claimed Pierre Ducimetière was old... scratch
I never saw this and it was even funny to watch the efforts of the TV guys. Live is good!!

Could anyone watch this today?

Today's program will certainly be accessible in replay on http://www.revoirlatele.com/le-magazine-de-la-sante.html
Here's yesterday's interview with Pierre Ducimetière, INSERM -> http://www.allodocteurs.fr/actualite-sante-cholesterol-et-statines-apres-la-polemique-place-aux-precisions-9578.asp?1=1
gerardM
gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

How to keep healthy Empty Re: How to keep healthy

Message  MurielB Mar 19 Fév - 22:31

I have many doctors around me because i belong to a medical family. Anyway i am ignorant in medecine. Sad

MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Mar 19 Fév - 22:59

Don't you watch "Le magazine de la santé" every day?
Didn't you watch today's program? You should review it.

What happens in the medical area these weeks and months??

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 19 Fév - 23:09

Yes i will try to find out. I only know that what is important is to be healthy Wink

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 19 Fév - 23:13

MurielB a écrit:I only know that what is important is to be healthy Wink
I totally agree.
This is an unusual speech in medecine, at least for the patients of most doctors. They treat illness (with exams and pills) rather than think of Health and balance in the human body.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 20 Fév - 7:58

You are right, Gérard. I have just talked with Patrick about that over breakfast. People tend to take pills and don't care about having a healthier life. It's more difficult to have a food hygiene, stop smoking, try not to put on weight and and take some exercice.

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 20 Fév - 16:38

Muriel,

Sorry but I don't agree with Patrick, you and your words.

> People tend to take pills and don't care about having a healthier life.
Who is the boss? Who is the professional? Who has got knowledge?
Doctors too easily say: "Patients ask for more pills"... is medecine a commercial domain??
Such words are usual but in industry and commerce.
Of course, doctors wouldn't like to lose patients but the speeches of the HAS (Haute Autorité de Santé) and the Conseil de l'ordre should be correct so that every doctor could be on the same line.

Wink

I'm sorry but medecine is led by labs and labs' aim is nothing but commercial!!
Medecine is supposed to help patients and think Health-Maintenance and not illness-only-care.

NB: I've got a degree of engineer in chemistry. Despite all my studies, I gave up with chemistry research because I quickly realized the delay between lab research and market launch was more and more reduced without enough studies of the effects and consequences.
I worked in an organic chemistry research lab (on pesticides) for a few years and was completely revolted by such behavior. Even pesticides -which are poisons-, the needed precautions were not taken!

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 20 Fév - 16:42

Ok in certain cases taking statines for example is necessary. Anyway, in medecine to take preventive action is better than curative one. Of course you have to be curative in certain cases (why study medecine then ?)
Sometimes I find difficult to get my ideas across especially in a field i don't know anything about.
there is one thing i am sure it's that you are the boss of your own life. For instance when children have sleep problems the parents ask for sleeping drugs. Do you think it good for children to start sleeping drugs when they are a couple of years old? why not relax, practice exercises instead ? any way taking drugs is easier but it's not always the healthiest solution, I don't mean that medecines are useless but you have to be careful.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mer 20 Fév - 17:05, édité 1 fois

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 20 Fév - 17:03

Muriel,

> in medecine to take preventive action is better than curative one.
No doubt.

> you have to be curative in certain cases.
No doubt. Wink

> you are the boss of your own life.
My dentist often asks me to choose between several solutions corresponding to several expense levels, but he adds: "I am the professional and here is my advice".
I like such behavior: things are clearly said.
Medecine is a domain that is very important in social economy (we are patients and not clients; doctors are not salespersons) and doctors have to deal with social general health.
If they care illnesses only, healthy patients today will become ill tomorrow and become... good clients for sure.
Maintaining health is the correct solution (in agreement with the boss -everyone dealing with their own health-) but doesn't provide much money (but does provide pride and self-pride for the doctor just like I can voluntarily help people in computing) unless the government fixes the rules.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 20 Fév - 17:07

When my dentist wants to start a very expensive treatment i wonder where he plans to go for his holidays and I ask for a second advice.

MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mer 20 Fév - 17:20

I am sorry to say that but I am just back from my dentist. I couldn't believe the price and asked my cousin for advice.

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 20 Fév - 17:39

My dentist put red Italian car photos on his computer monitor... but he does know what my conception is.
I must say that I easily follow him, more than my doctor (my doctor also heard my philosophy and she's in agreement with me: address Health to avoid having to cure illness Wink )

NB: I'm quite sure that in my life, I didn't take a tubefull of Aspirin LOL needed I some, I'd take a quarter of a pill!!
During my military service, they cured viral hepatitis with exams and water (and approximate diet) but it didn't come from me: it's military way.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 20 Fév - 21:23

I wish everyone were like you !

MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mer 20 Fév - 21:35

Perhaps it's your American side !

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 20 Fév - 21:56

MurielB a écrit:Perhaps it's your American side !
???
Which American feature is it? I don't understand what you mean. confused

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 20 Fév - 22:02

straightforwardness ! I don't think Findus scandal would have happened in America.

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 26 Fév - 15:18

Hi everyone,

Tonight 8:35 pm on FR5, a special live program to celebrate the 15 years of "Le magazine de la santé".

-> http://www.programme-tv.net/programme/culture-infos/r48874-les-15-ans-du-magazine-de-la-sante/3992422-les-15-ans-du-magazine-de-la-sante/
Debates around the advances made in the fields of heart surgery, fighting against cancer, organ transplants... Irène Frachon, Laurent Lantieri, Patrick Pelloux... Thierry Lhermitte...

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 26 Fév - 21:04

Hi,

You won't be surprised: I'm watching the program.
Michel is wearing a tie (tho' poorly done)!! Wow I guess I never saw him like this.

Very strange Mikey! scratch
I met him years ago on the radio as he had a chronicle on France Info.
He "played" in a TV documentary with... Adriana Karembeu
I saw him in a TV film yesterday (I don't remember more)
He said today he was still a practitioner (I know he is a surgeon and also another specialty that I don't remember).

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 26 Fév - 21:51

Unfortunatly it was polyglot tonight and could not watch "allo Docteurs"

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 26 Fév - 21:53

It's still on Muriel... till 10:38 pm

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 26 Fév - 23:02

To have a brain operation wide-awake is incredible ! affraid

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 26 Fév - 23:07

Indeed!
This is very important for research; this way they can easily understand how the brain works ( Wink indirect speech).

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 1 Mar - 22:38

Hi Muriel,

It would be good to have a TV program about children on "TV Calais": Patrick and you would present it and from time to time, you would slip a few words about the Café polyglotte sur le Net Smile

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 2 Mar - 7:33

Excellent idea !

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 2 Mar - 12:30

You should think of it.

gerardM

Page 1 sur 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant