Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

« Coaches for courts » at the Musée des Beaux Arts of Arras

2 participants

« Coaches for courts » at the Musée des Beaux Arts of Arras Empty « Coaches for courts » at the Musée des Beaux Arts of Arras

Message  JeanPierreD Sam 14 Sep - 19:27

The « Musée du Carosse » in the « Château de Versailles » situated in the « Grande Ecurie du Roi » built by J. Hardouin-Mansart between 1679 and 1682 shelters a very nice collection of vehicules from the Royalty and Empire times gathered by king Louis-Philippe. Unfortunately this part of the Versailles Palace is rarely open . But thanks to an agreement between the Château de Versailles and the Région Nord-pas-de-Calais (cultural décentralisation and partnership ) the collection of the « Musée des Carosses » is on view during the exhibition « Roulez Carosses » at the Musée des Beaux Arts of Arras since 18 March 2012. So it was high time to visit it before it closed beginning november. Coquelles town hall organised a guided visit last week (combined with a visit in Louvres Lens), i have attended with two friends who enjoyed it .
« Coaches for courts » is the first exhibition in France consecrated to horse-drawn coaches.
The exhibits are displayed chronologically in an innovative museographic setting combining reconstructions, animated demonstrations and multimedia. . Every thing has been made to explain the evolution of these vehicles, the technical improvements etc..
We can see coaches, paintings, sculptures ; sleighs, sedan chairs, decorated horse harnesses as well as several exceptional coaches such as those used for the wedding procession of Napoleon I, the coach of the coronation of Charles X and the impressive hearse of Louis XVIII.
A good way to review the history of France from Louis XIV to the 3rd Republic. But don’t try to see the coronation coach of Louis XVI we can see on the paintings ; as too symbolic of the royalty it has been destroyed on order of the revolutionnary « Convention », one very very little part has been saved by the executioner or more likely by one of his assistant and rediscovered recently in a swiss museum ( part of a finely painted door ) and lent for this exceptional exhibition.

For all those who will not have the opportunity to see  it before its end (10 november)  i have found a very interesting website about this subject (unfortunately in french)

http://www.attelage-patrimoine.com/article-musee-des-carrosses-de-versailles-1-traineaux-84772722.html

and an additional article (in french too)
http://www.latribunedelart.com/les-carrosses-de-versailles-exposes-a-arras
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

« Coaches for courts » at the Musée des Beaux Arts of Arras Empty Re: « Coaches for courts » at the Musée des Beaux Arts of Arras

Message  MurielB Sam 14 Sep - 21:12

Thank you Jean-Pierre for letting us know about the exhibition. Did you like "Louvres lens" ? I would very much like to visit it.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

« Coaches for courts » at the Musée des Beaux Arts of Arras Empty Louvre Lens

Message  JeanPierreD Mar 17 Sep - 11:27

Yes Murielle i loved it, i've been twice there , the fisrt time in summer with "Les amis du Musée" who "opened very kindly their almost empty coach to the members of "Art etc etc" and lately with "Coquelles town hall". The first time I spent the morning visiting the exhibition "The Europe of Rubens" (end 23 september 2013), a break at twelve at the cafeteria eating outside in the sun and the whole afternoon discovering the Gallery of Time which is the main space of the museum , 120 m long and 3.000 m2, dedicated to the permanent exhibition  . This space is divided in two parts ; the Gallery and an extra exhibit called the Glass Pavillion I missed the first time because of lack of time. So i as was very pleased to go back to Louvre Lens and i enjoyed as much . What is special in Louvres Lens is that the art pieces are not organised according painting schools or periods (Sculptures of Antiquity, Middle Age etc ) as in the Louvres  in Paris  but organized chronologically. So when you arrive in the Gallery you can see the art pieces of the most ancient civilizations and as you walk to the  bottom of the Gallery the most recent art pieces of Modern Times . Their audio-guide available for free  is very convenient, provided you use it properly ( otherwise than typing the number of each masterpiece, which is quickly boring ..). The guide's screen shows what you are seeing in front of you with astonishing accuracy. The gallery of works is reproduced exactly so you can follow educational trails ( ex: religion, religion, myths and legends,paintings ...) without getting lost and discover the history of the masterpiece before your eyes. I have never used such  a smart, extensive  and convenient audio-guide, but don't forget to get the good information in order to make the most of it and therefore of your visit.
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

« Coaches for courts » at the Musée des Beaux Arts of Arras Empty Re: « Coaches for courts » at the Musée des Beaux Arts of Arras

Message  MurielB Mar 17 Sep - 15:52

JeanPierreD a écrit:
 . Their audio-guide available for free  is very convenient, provided you use it properly ( otherwise than typing the number of each masterpiece, which is quickly boring ..). The guide's screen shows what you are seeing in front of you with astonishing accuracy. The gallery of works is reproduced exactly so you can follow educational trails ( ex: religion, religion, myths and legends,paintings ...) without getting lost and discover the history of the masterpiece before your eyes. I have never used such  a smart, extensive  and convenient audio-guide, but don't forget to get the good information in order to make the most of it and therefore of your visit.
Hi Jean-Pierre !
I have never used such a convenient audio guide either an I am looking forward to visiting Lens Louvres ! It is a shame it is not Calais Louvres Sad 
Thank you again for commenting the interesting places you visit ! :-)

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois