Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

France demands that its future leaders must speak English

4 participants

France demands that its future leaders must speak English Empty France demands that its future leaders must speak English

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Fév - 15:05

Hi everyone,

France demands that its future leaders must speak English Safe_image.php?d=AQB6l9-tSKCV5W_Q&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.telegraph.co.uk%2Fmultimedia%2Farchive%2F03200%2F3way_3200273k

France demands that its future leaders must speak English
France 's elite finishing school for future leaders is to make fluency in English an essential entry requirement for the first time. It follows generations of Gallic...
NUZZEL.COM

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

France demands that its future leaders must speak English Empty english everywhere

Message  moblo29 Mar 24 Mar - 13:58

That's a very interesting article.
I think that us, the French, are very proud of our language. It seems that most of French people consider that speaking English is not something obvious to get a nice job or to feel integrate in society. The french is a beautiful rich language, that's sure', but things tend to show that english is the common language in business and international politic.
Seeing the French president having a poor english is a bit shameful maybe Laughing

moblo29

Lieu : ??
Langues : français, anglais, espagnol, italien, arabe

France demands that its future leaders must speak English Empty France demands that its future leaders must speak english

Message  pierreP Jeu 2 Avr - 16:13

Scientists, to be understood, must speak and write currently English. International conferences are in English, the only international language, and without translation, which is a luxury out of reach for most people. May be it is regrettable, but this fact cannot be bypassed. It is a shame that our politicians (especially french politicians) are generally unable to speak English in public. Recently, one of our ministry of foreign affairs was unable to speak English without the presence of an interpret, thus was unable to take the phone. It is not necessary to explicit the laugh of the journalists when they were informed !
pierreP
pierreP

Lieu : Lille (59)
Langues : Français (langue maternelle), GB, de, es

France demands that its future leaders must speak English Empty Re: France demands that its future leaders must speak English

Message  Christian Mer 27 Mai - 4:15

Rather reading that than being blind !
Christian
Christian

Lieu : Kawasaki
Langues : français (Langue maternelle), japonais, esperanto