Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

How to keep healthy

+2
MurielB
gerardM
6 participants

Page 5 sur 6 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty Re: How to keep healthy

Message  MurielB Mar 5 Déc - 16:04

in the middle of the woods...
affraid affraid

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  gerardM Mar 5 Déc - 22:59

Muriel, I love to be surrounded by the silence of the woods, but as you know, I met spider webs with nasty toxins on my face.

Or as I explained to my granddaughter, I love to walk in the rain as quite nobody is outsid and there no noise even close to buildings.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Mar 5 Déc - 23:13

I understand, because when we are in "La voute" our communautary house we are often in the middle of nowhere. Anyway i never walk unaccompanied because my sense of orientation is so bad. I could walk round for ages !!!

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 6 Déc - 15:43

> because my sense of orientation is so bad. I could walk round for ages !!!
Muriel, there are other dangers in the wood (I'm thinking of "Little Red Riding Hood") and it may not be good for you but I have a device with a function that permits to record a location just clicking a button then the device leads back to the departure.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 6 Déc - 18:49

a function that permits to record a location just clicking a button then the device leads back to the departure.
Gérard this is exactly what I want for Chrismas !!! santa

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty why is sleep important ?

Message  MurielB Lun 22 Jan - 21:32

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/diagnosis-and-treatment/healthy-sleep/what-happens-during-sleep.html

To understand why sleep is important, think of your body like a factory that performs a number of vital functions. As you drift off to sleep, your body begins its night-shift work:

• Healing damaged cells
  • Boosting your immune system
  • Recovering from the day’s activities
  • Recharging your heart and cardiovascular system for the next day

We all know the value of sleeping well, and we’ve all experienced the feeling of being refreshed after a good night’s sleep – and the feeling of fatigue after a poor night’s sleep. But even though we know this, in our busy society, many of us are not getting the quality sleep needed to truly receive the health benefits of sleep.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Ven 29 Nov - 21:55, édité 2 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty The expression "to sleep on it" is very true

Message  MurielB Lun 22 Jan - 22:03

The purpose of sleep appears to be to help forget some memories so others can be stored for later use. In other words, the brain files information. Pills might help people doze off but they are not good for that process. Without sleep memories are in danger of being lost.
"Sleeping on it" can clarify our ideas can't it?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty deam analysis according to Jung

Message  MurielB Jeu 25 Jan - 22:46

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2016/03/the-deeper-meaning-of-dreams-according-to-carl-jung/
Jung referred to dreams as “psychic activity” and felt that when they are analyzed through deep thought or meditation we could become aware and acquainted with our unresolved or unhealed wounds and also place their relevance in our daily life. This helps us gain the knowledge and insight necessary to discover our individual purpose and reach our full potential.

In Jungian dream interpretation, the dream is viewed as an inward journey, not an outward one, and everything in the dream refers to a part of the inner self. That window open to our unconscious is very important to sort out our problems and (as said above) reach our full potential

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 25 Jan - 23:37

Muriel, thanks for the very interesting subject.
However, there're many lines/pages to read as I'm presently focused on my next trip to the mountains with oodles of things to organize... sorry.
I'll try to read later, or from the mountains Smile

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 25 Jan - 23:45

Ok Gérard, have a nice trip in the mountains and enjoy every minute of it. Your sleep will be a lot better when you come back ! Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 25 Jan - 23:53

MurielB a écrit:Ok Gérard, have a nice trip in the mountains and enjoy every minute of it. Your sleep will be a lot better when you come back ! Very Happy
I don't have any problem with sleep.
For decades and decades, 5 hours of sleep were enough (I was participating on American forums till 2am and getting up at 7am). Funny ro think that my sleep is presently disrupted by my comforter (US word for Fr couette): I changed from normal sheet and blanket to a comforter and still don't manage the use, or rather cannot sleep as well as with the sheet+blanket Sad

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 26 Jan - 22:58

Gérard the definition of comforter is sweet
one who consoles or comforts

Apparently you prefer sheet+blanket problably because you are happy !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Ven 26 Jan - 23:47

MurielB a écrit:Gérard the definition of comforter is sweet
one who consoles or comforts

Apparently you prefer sheet+blanket problably because you are happy !
Muriel, "comforter" has several meanings:
-> scarf (Fr cache-nez)
-> person (Fr consolateur)
-> US quilt (Fr couette)

I forgot to specify I now use a comforter inside a comforter cover, but I'm disrupted as I can't easily master the temperature, so I guess I'll go back to the French style ie sheet and blanket.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 27 Jan - 21:57

Tx Gérard for your words !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty Healthy and successful in Life

Message  MurielB Mar 12 Juin - 21:45

How to keep healthy - Page 5 2b4d7510

Dernière édition par MurielB le Ven 12 Nov - 14:14, édité 2 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty good food is very important

Message  MurielB Lun 27 Aoû - 17:45

Please Click on the link                              = > Angleterre food

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Stock-photo-grilled-chicken-rice-spicy-chickpeas-avocado-cabbage-pepper-buddha-bowl-on-dark-background-587607935

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty Platybus milk against superbugs

Message  MurielB Jeu 13 Déc - 9:56

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/mar/15/platypus-milk-unlikely-weapon-in-fight-against-superbugs
Molecular biologists from Australia’s national science agency CSIRO have isolated the monotreme lactation protein structure for the first time, identifying a novel three-dimensional fold that the researchers say could lead to the creation of a new type of antibiotics.Molecular biologists from Australia’s national science agency CSIRO have isolated the monotreme lactation protein structure for the first time, identifying a novel three-dimensional fold that the researchers say could lead to the creation of a new type of antibiotics.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Lun 23 Nov - 9:39, édité 3 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Jeu 13 Déc - 10:04

Hi everyone
Antibiotics are certainly one of the great advances in medicine but overprescribing them has resulted in the development of  resistant bacteria that don't respond to antibiotics. I feel that observing nature can help in many fields. In that way scientists have found that platypus milk contains a lactation protein with potent antibacterial properties. It is true that nature has its laws which are very useful and man learns a lot while observing them. Excessive dependance on modern technologie with which man thinks he can conquer nature is a catastrophe. A more responsible attitude is co-existing with the environment and respecting its laws even copying them.Do you have any simular examples?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty Origin of chocolate shifts 1400 miles and 1500 years

Message  MurielB Mar 9 Avr - 21:58

https://amp.theguardian.com/science/2018/oct/29/origin-of-chocolate-shifts-1400-miles-and-1500-years-cacao-ecuador
Cacao was in use in South America centuries before its exploitation by civilisations in Mexico and Central America, experts say

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mer 10 Avr - 7:24, édité 11 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mar 9 Avr - 22:18

In other words cacao was used by people more than 1500 years before was previously thought which is amazing !In fact it was first grown for food more than 5,000 years ago in the Amazon rainforest.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mar 29 Oct - 14:46

https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/is-chocolate-good-for-you.h

How to keep healthy - Page 5 1549288840450
It’s been reported in the media for years that eating chocolate is heart-healthy, helps prevent cancer, and boosts your mood. But is that really true?
We do know that flavanols in cocoa beans, an ingredient in chocolate, are antioxidants, meaning that they may reduce damage to cells. Damaged cells can lead to cancer development. What we don’t know is to what extent chocolate itself has an effect. There have been a number of studies done on the health benefits of chocolate, but these studies mostly asked people to remember how much chocolate or chocolate products they consumed, then compared it to whether or not they’d had heart problems or cancer. So, while the results of these studies are interesting, they really don’t tell us if it’s the chocolate itself making a difference, or if it’s the flavanols, which can also be found in other foods.
Regardless, the studies have come back with mixed results. Some report that eating chocolate may lower the risk of certain cancers, while others show no benefit, and still others show that eating chocolate increases cancer risk. There is stronger evidence suggesting that eating chocolate may help prevent heart disease. Flavanols have been shown to lower blood pressure and make your heart, veins, and arteries work better.
What does this mean for you and your dessert choices? Try small amounts of high-quality dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa. It might give your heart some benefit, and it generally has less sugar and saturated fat than milk chocolate or other kinds of chocolate. 
However, dark chocolate is still candy, and it still has extra calories, sugar, and fat. Eat it sparingly. After all, we know that being overweight or obese is linked to certain types of cancers, not to mention diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic illnesses. If you want to get more antioxidants, you can increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. .

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mar 29 Oct - 14:55

Hi everyone ! 
Is chocolate, a good brain stimulant?
For the first time, researchers have observed the influence of chocolate consumption on our brain activity.
- Cocoa would be good for the memory
Consuming large quantities of flavanols, substances naturally present in cocoa beans, could slow cognitive decline.
- Chocolate: a small square is an ally for the heart
Thanks to its powerful antioxidants, chocolate can be an interesting way to protect against cardiovascular disease.
Chocolate components are attributed good effects on the psyche. Indeed, they would improve mood, reduce anxiety, contributing to a feeling of calm and well-being.
- Dark chocolate is a well-known antioxidant
Cocoa, a component of dark chocolate, makes this food one of the richest in flavonoids.
Anyway eat it dark (<70%) not too much because it is fattening

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Mar 29 Oct - 20:19

Long live chocolate !

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty Sleep less, live longer

Message  MurielB Ven 29 Nov - 21:46

A new study that might keep people awake at night has found a mysterious link between sleeping less and living longer.

Researchers discovered that all other factors of diet, age, health and lifestyle being equal, those who slept eight hours a night were 12 per cent more likely to die within a six-year period than those who slept seven hours.

Even those sleeping as little as five hours a night lived longer than those who slept eight hours or more. Those who caught between six and seven hours had the lowest death rate.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/sleep-less-live-longer-scientists-say-in-new-study/article22395327/

Gérard for decades and decades you have only slept 5 hours so these are very good news for you.
I see that people should not take sleeping pills because remaining awake part of the night is healthy.  Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

How to keep healthy - Page 5 Empty Sunsets are good for your health

Message  sissi Mar 7 Juil - 22:26

Sunsets are good for your health. They have many psychological and physical benefits:
- if you are having a rough day, watching the sunset will help you relieve stress
- research shows that sunset will put you in a better mood
- if you are feeling sad or depressed, watching the sunset will help you feel more energised
- sunset helps slowing down your perception of time
- it's a good reason to go outside
These are just a few reasons and they are so many more.
So now make time for the sunset, drive to your favorite place and enjoy Very Happy .

sissi

Lieu : Paris
Langues : Fr(mater) Gb Deu Chinois

MurielB aime ce message

Page 5 sur 6 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant