Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Traduction - problèmes

2 participants

Traduction - problèmes Empty Traduction - problèmes

Message  gerardM Mer 16 Oct - 17:27

Bonjour à tous,

Voila qui répond à la question de Jean-Pierre :

Traduction - problèmes 1378635_551440341595570_814816494_n

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Traduction - problèmes Empty Re: Traduction - problèmes

Message  gerardM Mer 16 Oct - 17:34

Bonsoir à tous,

La photo correspond à un extrait de l'article 
Is That a Fish in Your Ear? Is That a Fish in Your Ear?
Translation and the Meaning of Everything

David Bellos
Interesting, isn't it?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Traduction - problèmes Empty traduction-poem-

Message  JeanPierreD Jeu 17 Oct - 14:16

Hello
Thank you everyone for your answers and statements about my question about translation and its use in Learning English . The David Bello’s book « Is that a fish in your ear ? » from Gérard’s link seems very interesting about that topic. From its summary i’have kept that extract  »
« The variability of translations is incontrovertible evidence of the limitless flexibility of human minds…(...). What is it that translators really do? How many different kinds of translating are there? What do the uses of this mysterious ability tell us about human societies, past and present? How do the facts of translation relate to language use in general--and to what we think a language is ? »
What is funny in David Bello’s explanation is that he refers to Douglas Hofstader (professor of cognitive science) who tried to have a little poem by the sixteeenth-century french poet Clément Marot translated by several of his friends. But what is most difficult than try to translate a poem ? As we well know it, a poem is  completely linked to a certain language, some rhymes are possible with a word and not with another; according to the langage the correspondances are not the same and the possibilities of each langage is different. I really think that each language offers différents opportunites, and that this poem could only have been created by Marot four centenarian ago . Any other traductions can only be other poems inspired by Marot’s one.
It’s the same with musical instruments, they can each of them make music but each one is different and unique music !
[justify][justify]
[/justify][/justify]
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb