Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Dawn French Fan Club 2

3 participants

Page 32 sur 39 Précédent  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Suivant

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 Empty Re: Dawn French Fan Club 2

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Nov - 10:08

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 14980624_1248093991914995_6881139294486274774_n

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Nov - 10:48

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 15036309_1248029721921422_1690616210741048953_n

I do!!
I do love rain... under my umbrella.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Nov - 23:18

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 14915698_1248737235184004_5044796921542455338_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 10 Nov - 14:41

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 14962572_1250230521701342_4076565608743109316_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 10 Nov - 14:49

An Italian, a Scotsman, and a Chinese guy are hired at a construction site. The foreman points out a huge pile of sand and says to the Italian, "You're in charge of sweeping."
To the Scotsman he says, "You're in charge of shovelling."
And to the Chinese man he says, "You're in charge of supplies."
So the foreman goes away for a couple of hours and when he returns, the pile of sand is untouched. He asks the Italian, "Why didn't you sweep any of it?"
He replies "I no hava no broom, you saida to the Chinese guy that he wasa ina charge of supplies, but he hasa disappeared and I no coulda finda him nowhere."
The foreman turns to the Scotsman and says, "And you, I thought I told you to shovel this pile."
He replied, "Aye, ye did lad, bit ah couldnae git masel' a shuvl! Ye left thon wee Chinese mannie in chairge of supplies, bit ah couldnae fin' him onywhar."
The foreman is really pissed off now and storms off towards the pile of sand to look for the Chinese guy. As he approaches the mound, the Chinese guy leaps out from behind the sand and yells…
"SUPPLIES!"

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 11 Nov - 7:54

No I have not got it !

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Ven 11 Nov - 21:47

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 14993584_1251463338244727_4866149165011174082_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 12 Nov - 22:14

Hi Gerard, everyone !
I understand that people like children or intoxicated people never tell lies neither do leggings which show exactly what legs look like.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 12 Nov - 23:07

There are several kinds of needs Muriel.
Remember what I like to post: "Great things occur outside your comfort zone" or "if you want something better to happen, don't do the usual things."

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 13 Nov - 12:29

Three women, two younger, and one senior citizen, were sitting naked in a sauna.
Suddenly there was a beeping sound. The young woman pressed her forearm and the beep stopped. The others looked at her questioningly. 'That was my pager,' she said. 'I have a microchip under the skin of my arm.'
A few minutes later, a phone rang. The second young woman lifted her palm to her ear. When she finished, she explained, 'That was my mobile phone. I have a microchip in my hand.'
The older woman felt very low-tech. Not to be outdone, she decided she had to do something just as impressive. She stepped out of the sauna and went to the bathroom. She returned with a piece of toilet paper hanging from her rear end.
The others raised their eye brows and stared at her. The older woman finally said... 'Well, will you look at that... I'm getting a fax!!!'

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 17 Nov - 11:26

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 15027759_1257465060977888_2790800500885305217_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 17 Nov - 22:09

Guevara's well known saying is : ¡Adelante !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 17 Nov - 23:08

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 Safe_image.php?d=AQDOb_I_DwIQwdC8&w=476&h=249&url=http%3A%2F%2Fusefultipsforhome.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F11%2Ftwo-years

15 Pieces Of Advice That Will Help You Win At Life
USEFULTIPSFORHOME.COM

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 19 Nov - 13:55

A nine-year-old kid is sitting at his desk and all of a sudden there is a puddle between his feet and the front of his pants are wet.
He thinks his heart is going to stop because he cannot possibly imagine how this has happened. It's never happened before, and he knows that when the boys find out he will never hear the end of it. When the girls find out, they'll never speak to him again as long as he lives.
The boy believes his heart is going to stop, he puts his head down and prays, "This is an emergency! I need help now! Five minutes from now I'm dead meat."
He looks up and here comes the teacher with a look in her eyes that says he has been discovered.
As the teacher is walking toward him, a classmate named Susie is carrying a goldfish bowl that is filled with water. Susie trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps the bowl of water in the boy's lap.
The boy pretends to be angry, but all the while is saying to himself, "Thank you! Thank you!"
Now all of a sudden, instead of being the object of ridicule, the boy is the object of sympathy. The teacher rushes him downstairs and gives him gym shorts to put on while his pants dry out.
All the other children are on their hands and knees cleaning up around his desk.
The sympathy is wonderful. But as life would have it, the ridicule that should have been his has been transferred to someone else - Susie. She tries to help, but they tell her to get out. "You've done enough, you klutz!"
Finally, at the end of the day, as they are waiting for the bus, the boy walks over to Susie and whispers, "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"
Susie whispers back, "I wet my pants once too."

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 19 Nov - 14:30

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 15032113_1259328624124865_4679659227840829538_n

A good collection of new words.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 19 Nov - 14:37

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 15027938_1259211547469906_8399506745146967925_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 19 Nov - 17:32

gerardM a écrit:
Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 15032113_1259328624124865_4679659227840829538_n

A good collection of new words.
True,there are a few words I don't know ! scratch

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 20 Nov - 12:35

Two traveling salesmen were riding together across West Texas when their car began to sputter and cough. Soon, it died completely and they were stranded on the side of a state highway with little traffic.
Fortunately, a pick up truck pulled over to help. The driver was a comely middle aged woman in jeans and a work shirt. She told them the closest town with a mechanic was 60 miles away, and since it was past 5:00 pm they would be closed anyway until the next day.
In a gesture of Texas hospitality, she invited them to stay the night at her ranch which was nearby. Then they could call the garage in town to get their car fixed in the morning.
The two salesmen were very appreciative, and climbed into the pickup with her.
Soon they turned into a gate, and began driving through a lovely farm where cattle were grazing behind neatly built fences. As they drove she told them how she and her late husband had run this farm for years before he had died from a heart attack two years ago. Now it was just her running things, and it got lonely out here so she was glad for the chance to have guests.
Before long they pulled up to a very nice ranch house surrounded by a white fence and with a big barn nearby.
Once inside, the widow rancher made them comfortable on the big front porch and brought them cold iced tea before proceeding inside to cook a delicious home cooked meal for them. After dinner they chatted in the living room for a few hours before she showed them to the guest bedroom where they found a comfortable bed with down pillows and a homemade quilt.
In the morning the widow made them an enormous breakfast while they waited for the tow truck to come collect their car.
When the wrecker came, they bid the kind widow a fond farewell and she sent them on their way with a bag of cookies for later.
Soon their car was repaired and they were on their way again.
About nine months had passed when one of the salesman called the other.
"Bob, do you remember about nine months ago when our car broke down in West Texas?"
"Yes, Ted. I remember that."
"And Bob, do you remember that very kindly widow that took us in for the night?"
"Well of course I remember her, Ted."
"Well, Bob, I have to ask you something."
"OK, Ted."
"Bob, did you slip out of the guest room that night?"
Yes, Ted, I did."
"And Bob, did you go to the widow's room that night?"
"I did, Ted."
"Did you and the widow make love, Bob?"
"Yes, we did, Ted"
"Now Bob, this is very important. Did you by chance use MY name that night when you slept with her?"
"I did, Ted. I'm ashamed of myself, but I did. I'm really, really sorry, Ted...."
"Oh, that's OK, Bob. I just wanted to call and let you know that she died and left me the ranch in her will."

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 20 Nov - 22:31

I Gérard
After reading your story I wanted to clarify two words
"pulling up a car"-- stopping it

"pulling over a car" ?-- moving it to the road shoulder and stopping it

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 20 Nov - 23:05

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 15192688_1261212723936455_3648874860171281675_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 20 Nov - 23:06

If there's a mistake in one of our posts, don't rake us over the coals—we find information in various places, and not all of it is perfect. Generally it's useful, however.

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 32 Safe_image.php?d=AQDcG_cLrh47dr8p&w=476&h=249&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fwww.idiomsandslang.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2FRake-Someone-Over-the-Coals-1

Rake Someone Over the Coals - English Idioms & Slang Dictionary
IDIOMSANDSLANG.COM|PAR ADMIN2

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 21 Nov - 16:09

Joan, a rather well-proportioned secretary, planned to spend almost all of her vacation sunbathing. She found the ideal spot on the roof of her hotel. It was deserted and secluded, with a smooth, raised "deck" which received the sun all day long.
She wore a bathing suit on the first day, but on the second, she decided that since no one could see her way up there that she would slip out of it and get rid of the tan lines on her back.
She'd been lying there on her stomach for a little while when she heard someone running up the stairs towards the roof. Startled, she didn't have time to pull on her suit, and since she was lying on her stomach, she just pulled a towel over her rear.
"Excuse me, miss," said the flustered assistant manager of the hotel, out of breath from running up the stairs. "The Hilton doesn't mind you sunbathing up here, but we would very much appreciate you wearing a bathing suit, as you did yesterday."
"YESTERDAY!" she exclaimed, rather irritated... "Have you been following me around? And besides, what difference does it make ANYWAY since no one except a nosy assistant manager can see me? I'm on the top floor and I'm covered with a towel."
"Well, that would be true," said the embarrassed little man. "Except for the fact that you're lying on the dining room skylight."

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 21 Nov - 22:39

Hi every one !
Keep in mind that a skylight is
 a window in the roof of a house or on a ship's deck
very annoying ! Embarassed Embarassed

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 23 Nov - 11:32

Fred feared his wife Rhonda wasn't hearing as well as she used to and he thought she might need a hearing aid. Not quite sure how to approach her, he called the family Doctor to discuss the problem.
The Doctor told him there is a simple informal test the husband could perform to give the Doctor a better idea about her hearing loss.
"Here's what you do," said the Doctor. "Stand about 40 feet away from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you. If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response."
That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he was in the den. He says to himself, "I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens." Then in a normal tone he asks, "Honey, what's for dinner?"
No response.
So the husband moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, "Rhonda, what's for dinner?" Still no response.
Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his wife and asks, "Honey, what's for dinner?"
Again he gets no response.
So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away. "Honey, what's for dinner?"
Again there is no response.
So he walks right up behind her. "Rhonda, what's for dinner?"
"For the FIFTH time Fred, CHICKEN!!"

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 24 Nov - 14:37

Three nuns in church on a hot day decide to remove their robes because of the heat. Not an unusual habit on a hot day.
So about a half hour later, the door bell rings while their robes are slumped over pews clear across the huge chapel.
They ask who it is. "The blind man," a voice replies.
The three nuns decide to simply open the door because the man is blind.
He walks in, looks at the nuns and says, "Nice boobs! Where do you want me to install these blinds?"

gerardM

Page 32 sur 39 Précédent  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Suivant