Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Dawn French Fan Club 2

3 participants

Page 39 sur 39 Précédent  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Dawn French Fan Club 2

Message  gerardM Dim 19 Fév - 21:14

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 16681650_1365115396879520_545897741434778438_n

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 Empty I believe that forging strong links with people makes us happy !

Message  MurielB Dim 19 Fév - 22:26

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 United10

MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Espéranto, Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Lun 20 Fév - 11:05

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 16729250_1902488519988756_2508626656810546937_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 20 Fév - 14:26

A store has just opened in New York City that offered free husbands.
When women go to choose a husband, they have to follow the instructions at the entrance:
"You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are 6 floors to choose from. You may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you CANNOT go back down except to exit the building!"
So, a woman goes to the store to find a husband.
On the 1st floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs
The 2nd floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.
The 3rd floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids and are extremely Good Looking.
"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
She goes to the 4th floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.
"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims. "I can hardly stand it!"
Still, she goes to the 5th floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, help with Housework and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.
She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th floor and the Sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 71,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that you are impossible to please.Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.
To avoid gender bias charges, the store’s owner opened a Wife Store just across the street.
The 1st first floor has wives that love sex.
The 2nd floor has wives that love sex and have money.
The 3rd through 6th floors have never been visited...

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 20 Fév - 22:18

Gérard does it mean that men are easily contented whereas women are not or does it mean that men are only interested by sex and money ?  Cool

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 20 Fév - 22:29

MurielB a écrit:Gérard does it mean that men are easily contented whereas women are not or does it mean that men are only interested by sex and money ?  Cool
Second alternative I guess. However I'm surprised they go to the second floor.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 21 Fév - 10:29

Muriel,
After a night my position is that the joke is more meaningful that what I wrote.
The first series of statements is well written, with wise words so hats off to the author.
At the same time, the adjectives or the qualities used in this first series are so well chosen that they may have been written by kinda psychologist/sociologist.

My conclusion is that this story should be used for teaching kids at the elementary school

LOL Rolling Eyes

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 21 Fév - 15:47

A policeman noticed an old lady standing on a street corner during a sudden windstorm.
She was bracing herself by holding a lightpost with one hand, and she was holding her hat snuggly against her head with her other hand.
Unfortunately, a strong gust blew her dress upward, and it continued to flap in the wind, exposing her privates for everyone to see.
The policeman asked, "Hey Lady, eveybody is taking a look at what you`ve got. Don`t you think that pulling your dress down is more important than worrying about your hat?"
"Look, sonny, what these people are looking at is 60 years old... But the hat is BRAND NEW!"

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 21 Fév - 22:25

gerardM a écrit:
Muriel,
After a night my position is that the joke is more meaningful that what I wrote.
The first series of statements is well written, with wise words so hats off to the author.
At the same time, the adjectives or the qualities used in this first series are so well chosen that they may have been written by kinda psychologist/sociologist.

My conclusion is that this story should be used for teaching kids at the elementary school

LOL  Rolling Eyes

Gérard fortunately you have slept on the issue and come to the right conclusion !

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 21 Fév - 22:49

MurielB a écrit:...
Gérard fortunately you have slept on the issue and come to the right conclusion !
Do you agree with me and say this story should be taught in elementary schools?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 22 Fév - 9:30

Gérard I just wanted to use the expression "you have slept on the issue and come to the right conclusion !" which I find very good. I agree that this story is no good for elementary school children.

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 22 Fév - 11:33

Hi Muriel,
MurielB a écrit:;;; this story is no good for elementary school children.
When will you teach boys all of the needs and wills of women then? If you choose not to teach this in elementary schools, you encourage men with their ancestor's behaviors and women to complain Wink

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 22 Fév - 14:32

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 16832160_1367740383283688_988425624016112761_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 22 Fév - 14:44

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 16830775_1367875123270214_1782598926481567833_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 22 Fév - 14:45

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 16831906_1366271500097243_1472084537788331706_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 22 Fév - 15:06

Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really angry.
She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!"
The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.
Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.
Bob has been missing since Friday.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 22 Fév - 17:17

gerardM a écrit:
Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 16830775_1367875123270214_1782598926481567833_n

what about enjoying your selfie? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 22 Fév - 17:25

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 16864745_1368238933233833_630534950454211297_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 23 Fév - 15:55

Two Scottish nuns have just arrived in USA by boat and one says to the other, "I hear that the people of this country actually eat dogs.
"Odd," her companion replies, "but if we shall live in America, we might as well do as the Americans do." Nodding emphatically, the mother superior points to a hot dog vendor and they both walk towards the cart.
"Two dogs, please," says one. The vendor is only too pleased to oblige and he wraps both hot dogs in foil and hands them over the counter. Excited, the nuns hurry over to a bench and begin to unwrap their 'dogs.'
The mother superior is first to open hers. She begins to blush and then, staring at it for a moment, leans over to the other nun and whispers cautiously, "What part did you get?"

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 24 Fév - 20:57

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 39 16996027_1369804796410580_8398010730161330768_n

gerardM

Page 39 sur 39 Précédent  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39