Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Dawn French Fan Club

2 participants

Page 11 sur 13 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Suivant

Dawn French Fan Club - Page 11 Empty Re: Dawn French Fan Club

Message  gerardM Dim 23 Aoû - 11:58

‘Bob’s Tavern’ was right next door to a cemetery.
One day in mid winter a drunk stumbled out of the tavern.
Due to his drunk state he wasn’t careful where he was going and he fell into a freshly dug grave.
“Help!” Screamed the drunk on the top of his lungs, “I’m freezing!”
Before long another drunk sauntered out of the tavern and made his way towards the first drunk’s cries.
“I’m freezing!” Screamed the first drunk again.
“Of course you are” scolded the second drunk, coming closer.
“You kicked off all of the dirt they had covered you with!”

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  gerardM Dim 23 Aoû - 15:15

Two women were chatting in the office:
Woman 1: “I had a fine evening, yesterday,how was yours...?”
Woman 2: “It was a disaster... My husband came home, ate his dinner in 3 minutes and fell asleep. How was yours...?”
Woman 1: “Oh, it was amazing! My husband came home and took me out for a romantic dinner. After dinner we walked for an hour. When we came home he lit the candles around the house. It was like a fairy tale!”
At the same time, their husbands are talking at work:
Husband 1: “How was your evening...?”
Husband 2: “Great! I came home, dinner was on the table, I ate and fell asleep. What about you?”
Husband 1: “It was horrible. I came home, there’s no dinner, they cut the electricity because I forgot to pay the bill; so I took her out for dinner which was so expensive that I didn’t had money left for a cab. We walked home, which took an hour and when we got home I remembered there was no electricity so I had to light candles all over the house!”

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 23 Aoû - 21:10

Very interesting story Gérard ! It shows that what matters is the perspective on things or events

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Lun 24 Aoû - 21:57

Edward was lying on his deathbed and the family was taking turns spending time with him.
As he was speaking to his young granddaughter Emily, Edward suddenly smelled an all too familiar smell.
Why it was his favorite – apple pie!
His wife Sandy must have been baking it for him to enjoy this one last time.
“Emily dear,” asked Edward, “Would you please go ask Grandma for a slice of that Apple Pie? It’s smells so delicious!”
Emily ran off to fulfill her dying Grandfather’s last wish.
A moment later, Emily returned empty handed.
“Where’s my pie?” questioned Edward.
“Grandma said it’s not for now” responded Emily, “it’s for the funeral”.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 26 Aoû - 22:06

“OK everyone,” said the the instructor at the birthing class trying to get everyone’s attention. “We are going to do an exercise now, its purpose is to help the men sympathize with their partners.”
“We have here what’s called a pregnancy suit,” said the woman instructor, holding up an artificial stomach with a strap. “This imitates the feeling of being pregnant.”
"Which Husband volunteers to be the first one to try it on?”
“I will” said one man, taking the suit and trying it on. “This isn’t too bad," said the man walking around. "I think I could get used to this.”
“OK,” said the instructor smiling, “now I would like you to bend down and pick up my pen from the floor.”
“You want me to pick it up?” he said hesitantly, “just as I would if I was pregnant?”
“Yes!” said the instructor.
“Honey,” said the man turning to his wife “do you mind picking up that pen for me?”

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 27 Aoû - 14:46

So it was Jim’s first time leaving Europe, he was excited about visiting America and expanding his horizons.
“Excuse me”, said a woman to him at the airport. “Do you happen to be traveling to America?”
“As a matter of fact I am,” responded Jim.
“Do me a favor, my husband left to America 2 months ago and I haven’t seen or heard from him since. If you meet a fellow named John Dun, tell him to call his wife.”
Jim happily complied and was on his way. He was barely in America for a hour when he saw a big building with the words Dun Watches, “Wow!” thought Jim “that was easy.”
Jim walked into the building and asked the lady behind the desk “do you have a John here?”
“Second door on the left,” was her reply.
Jim saw a man walking out of the door drying his hands “are you Dun?” he asked.
“Yes” came the mystified reply.
“Call your wife,” said Jim, “she’s been waiting to hear from you.”

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 28 Aoû - 22:25

Barry and Hannah, an old married couple, are sitting on the couch watching TV.
On the show they were speaking about how to prepare in case of death...
“Honey,” says Barry, turning to his wife with a serious expression, “I want you to promise me that, if there ever comes a time that I am dependent on just machines and bottled fluid, you will make sure to put an end to it.”
“No problem, hun,” said Hannah, and she promptly got up, turned off the TV, and poured his beer down the drain.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 29 Aoû - 17:40

Dad Writes a Letter to His Daughter About Her Future Husband. This Is Priceless.
VIRALSLOT.COM

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 29 Aoû - 17:50

A man died and went up to Heaven.
Upon arriving he noticed two signs: one said “Men Who Are Bossed By Their wives,” the other one said “Men Not Bossed By Their Wives.”
After closer inspection he noticed that while next to the first sign was a big line, by the second sign there was just one man.
After getting even closer he realized it was his friend Steve.
“Hey Steve,” the man questioned “what in the world are you doing here? Your wife bosses you around more then anybody.”
“I don’t know,” Harry replied, “my wife told me to stand here.”

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 30 Aoû - 23:49

A cop was hiding in his usual spot when he saw a car speed by at 90 mph. Quickly turning on his sirens, the cop pulled over an old lady. “License and registration please” said the cop in a tough voice.
“I’m sorry,” responded the lady, “I forgot to ask him where he keeps his registration before I shot him.”
“You what!” Hollered the cop nervously holding onto his gun.
”I shot him,” she responded, “I stuck him in the trunk if you want to see.”
Within 2 minutes there were 8 police cars pulled up behind her and a police officer talking into a megaphone: “Come out of the car with your hands up.”
While one cop watched the lady, another opened the trunk. “Um, ma'm,” said the second cop, “there’s no dead man in this trunk.”
“Well why would there be?” She asked.
“Excuse me,” said another cop, “this car seems to be registered in your name?”
“Well why wouldn’t it be?” repeated the lady.
“Well,” they both responded “the cop said that you told him you killed the owner and put him in the trunk.”
“Humph” said the old lady with a wave of her hand, “I bet that old liar told you I was speeding too!”

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 31 Aoû - 23:36

Woman 1: Oh! You got a haircut! That’s so cute!
Woman 2: Do you think so? I wasn’t sure when she was gave me the mirror. I mean, you don’t think it’s too fluffy looking?
Woman 1: Oh God no! No, it’s perfect. I’d love to get my hair cut like that, but I think my face is too wide. I’m pretty much stuck with this stuff, I think.
Woman 2: Are you serious? I think your face is adorable. And you could easily get one of those layer cuts – that would look so cute I think. I was actually going to do that except that I was afraid it would accent my long neck.
Woman 1: Oh – that’s funny! I would love to have your neck! Anything to take attention away from this two-by-four I have for a shoulder line.
Woman 2: Are you kidding? I know girls that would love to have your shoulders. Everything drapes so well on you. I mean, look at my arms – see how short they are? If I had your shoulders I could get clothes to fit me so much easier.
Man 1: Haircut?
Man 2: Yeah.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 1 Sep - 21:14

Gérard I don't understand the joke ?
A wish bone  is an oddly-shaped forked bone that's the fusion of two clavicles called the furcula. It's located right between the neck and breast of a bird.
A back bone is The vertebrate spine or spinal column.
The funny bone  is actually the ulnar nerve, a nerve that runs from the neck all the way to the hand, where it innervates several muscles in the hand and forearm and ends in two branches that innervate the pinkie and half of the ring finger.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 1 Sep - 23:44

Muriel,

I guess you're too serious.
- *wish bone means luck
- back bone means strength or solidity
The first two points are good for tough days...
- funny bone is here to go on with "bone" and a kind of wink: "funny".

(*) there is a custom in the British families: when they eat a turkey (chicken, duck, etc), 2 persons take the wishbone, make a wish and break the wishbone: the wish will be fulfilled.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 2 Sep - 8:29

Thanks for all these explanations Gérard.

(*) there is a custom in the British families: when they eat a turkey (chicken, duck, etc), 2 persons take the wishbone, make a wish and break the wishbone: the wish will be fulfilled.
I will do that when I want a wish to come true ! Wink

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 2 Sep - 10:13

-> Breaking the Turkey Wishbone: A Thanksgiving Tradition

Worth trying Smile

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 2 Sep - 22:15

Recently divorced, I moved back to my home town hoping to start over again.
A few weeks later, while making a dentist appointment, I was surprised to see that I recognized the dentist’s name as a good looking boy from my high school 20 years ago.
However, upon walking into the dentist’s office, I quickly realized he must be someone else.
He was bald, had a big beer belly, and looked a lot older than me.
Just to be sure though, on my way out I asked him if he went to the high school that I had attended.
“Yeah,” he responded, “I graduated in '91.”
“Oh my gosh,” I excitedly said, “you were in my class.”
“Really,” he said, "that’s interesting, what class did you teach?”

gerardM

Message  gerardM Jeu 3 Sep - 12:14

Top Ten One Liners:
1. Escalators don’t break down… they just turn into stairs.
2. “I’m sorry” and “I apologize” mean the same thing… except when you’re at a funeral.
3. I intend to live forever… or die trying.
4. We never knew he was a drunk… until he showed up to work sober.
5. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
6. A blind man walks into a bar….And a table, and a chair.
7. At what age is it appropriate to tell my dog that he’s adopted?
8. Want to hear a pizza joke…. nah, it’s too cheesy. What about a construction joke? Oh never mind, I’m still working on that one. Did you hear the one about the rope? Skip it. Have you heard the one about the guy in the wheelchair? Never mind, it’s too lame.
9. I used to be in a band, we were called ‘lost dog’. You probably saw our posters.
10. I childproofed the house… but they still get in!

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 4 Sep - 21:43

do you know about the tickle torture ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Ven 4 Sep - 23:48

> do you know about the tickle torture ?
Yes sure.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 5 Sep - 15:40

It's the worst, isn't it ? affraid

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 5 Sep - 17:32

NO...
Very Happy
There's also when you see the last jar of Nutella is finished, and it's Saturday night in France: no open shop till Monday!!

LOL

NB: it's only a joke because I never eat any Nutella... because I do love this: when I take a mouthful -with the biggest sponn I found- I can't help taking another one, another one, etc till the end of the jar (a 1kg one of course) Smile

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 5 Sep - 17:43

There was an elderly couple who in their old age noticed that they were getting a lot more forgetful, so they decided to go to the doctor. The doctor told them that they should start writing things down so they don't forget.
They went home and the old lady told her husband to get her a bowl of ice cream. "You might want to write it down," she said.
The husband said, "No, I can remember that you want a bowl of ice cream."
She then told her husband she wanted a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream. "Write it down," she told him.
Again he said, "No, no, I can remember: you want a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream."
Then the old lady said she wants a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top. "Write it down," she told her husband.
He said, again, "No, I got it. You want a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top."
So he goes to get the ice cream and spends an unusually long time in the kitchen, over 30 minutes. He comes out to his wife and hands her a plate of eggs and bacon.
The old wife stares at the plate for a moment, then looks at her husband and asks, "Where's the toast?"

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 6 Sep - 11:51

Hi Muriel,
MurielB a écrit:... My house isn't fancy means my house is not a dream. I just knew fancy as a verb=>To fancy someone.
"Fancy" is very popular as an adjective (as well as a noun or a verb). I guess you should check further.

As an adjective, fancy has a large range of meanings (more than "dream"):
1 (elaborate) [lighting, equipment] sophistiqué; nothing fancy (meal) rien de spécial;
2 ¡péj (pretentious) [place] snobinard¡; [price] exorbitant; [idea, project] fantaisiste; [name] tordu; [food, gadget, equipment] compliqué; [clothes] chic;
3 (decorative) [paper, box] fantaisie inv;
4 Comm [food] de luxe;
5 Zool [breed] d'agrément.
(according to my Hachette-Oxford dictionary)

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 6 Sep - 19:35

gerardM a écrit:
Hi Muriel,
MurielB a écrit:... My house isn't fancy means my house is not a dream. I just knew fancy as a verb=>To fancy someone.
"Fancy" is very popular as an adjective (as well as a noun or a verb). I guess you should check further.

As an adjective, fancy has a large range of meanings (more than "dream"):
1 (elaborate) [lighting, equipment] sophistiqué; nothing fancy (meal) rien de spécial;
2 ¡péj (pretentious) [place] snobinard¡; [price] exorbitant; [idea, project] fantaisiste; [name] tordu; [food, gadget, equipment] compliqué; [clothes] chic;
3 (decorative) [paper, box] fantaisie inv;
4 Comm [food] de luxe;
5 Zool [breed] d'agrément.
(according to my Hachette-Oxford dictionary)

Thanks Gérard, i should have checked further. there are so many different meanings in that word C\'est vrai!!

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 8 Sep - 11:21

A woman gets on a bus with her baby.
The bus driver says, "That's the ugliest baby that I've ever seen. Ugh!"
The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her, "The driver just insulted me!"
The man says, "You go right up there and tell him off – go ahead, I'll hold your monkey for you."

gerardM

Page 11 sur 13 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Suivant